Thoughts on Change and Moving On

I've never liked change. Even as a child, I hated things like moving or a change in schedule.

Change is scary. Change means my perfectly balanced life will need to be rebalanced. Change brings challenges and trials I don't want to face.

But change is a part of life.

This year, big changes are coming for my family. My brother is getting married and moving out. I still can't believe it.

I never would have thought my brother would meet a girl and marry her in a little over a year. But here we are. God has placed this change in our lives and all I can do is pray to Him for strength to handle it.

Hating change is one of the reasons I don't like the thought of moving on from things. Leaving things behind, especially things I once enjoyed, sounds like the worse thing in the world.

But like they say in Little Women, most things don't change overnight. They work slowly, like the tide going out. One day you look up and realize you haven't done that thing you once loved in a long time. It made you happy then, and it might be a sad realization, but it's just no longer something you want to do.

Blogging is kind of one of those things. Now, I'm not going to be quitting blogging. I still have posts I'd like to write and thoughts I'd like to share.

It just doesn't bring me the same joy it once did. I realized late last year that getting a post out each week was more of a chore than a fun challenge.

So I'm going to be stepping it back a bit. I won't have a schedule anymore. Instead, I'll throw up posts when I have something I want to say. I won't spend as much time on creating graphics or header images. I won't do my monthly recaps anymore.

At one point, running this blog brought me a lot of joy. It's taught me a lot over the years. But it's no longer a part of my life and career like it was then. And I'm okay with that.

So here's to a new season of life. I pray that it's a good one.

Comments

Popular Posts