Character Breakdown: Lloyd from The Lego Ninjago Movie

Character Breakdown: Lloyd from The Lego Ninjago Movie

Interesting fact about me: I love the TV show Ninjago. I know it's a kids show about Lego ninjas, but it is actually really good, especially the later seasons. When they made a movie about it, I was excited to see it. It's great and a lot deeper than I thought it would be. Today for our character breakdown, we'll be taking a look at Lloyd Garmadon, the main character from The Lego Ninjago Movie.

Personality


• Cheerful. Lloyd has gone through a lot. His dad is constantly attacking the city and everyone hates him for it. Despite all that, he does his best to remain cheerful. He smiles even when he hurts and treats the kids who are mean to him nicely.

• Hard worker. Throughout the movie, Lloyd works hard to lead the other ninja and fight evil. Even though he doesn't want to, he goes to school every day and trains hard to be a good ninja.

• Sarcastic. To me, Lloyd is also mildly sarcastic. He has a tendency to do so when he's upset or angry, which felt realistic to me.

Virtues


• Leader. Lloyd leads the secret ninja force, even though they don't always listen to him. He could be a more authoritative leader, but when the team needs him most, he's there to lead the way.

• Good son. His mom is a single mother (because being married to the dark lord doesn't work out well) and he does his best not to make her worry. Like all kids, he fails at that sometims, yet he tries his hardest.

Flaws


• Insecure. This poor kid is so insecure. His whole life has been spent under his father's shadow, unless he's the Green Ninja. Everyone hates him and makes fun of him for things he can't control. Sometimes, those insecurities get in his way and prevent him from doing what he should.

• Anger problems. He's also, understandably, is quite mad at his father for ruining his life. But Lloyd doesn't always control his anger like he should. It leads him to making some bad decisions in the movie, such as unleashing the Ultimate Weapon.

Skills


• Ninja. Obviously, he's a ninja. His ninja team are his only friends. He's pretty good, although his blending in skills could use some work.

• Mech driver. In this movie, the ninja pilot mechs that help them fight Garmadon. He's an excellent mech driver and builder as he says at one point.

What Makes Him Interesting


• His father is evil. That's Lloyd's main struggle throughout the movie. How do you deal with an evil dad who's ruined your life? While this could have been cliche, they dealt with it in a way that is a lot more relevant than you would think.

• His choices. Lloyd has to make some difficult choices in the movie. Listen to his friends or his heart? Save his dad, or gain the love of the city? Trust the evil overlord or not? Sometimes he chooses wrong, but in the climax, when it really matters, he makes the best choice of all.

Also, quick note. I'll be working on some blog changes, so if you drop by and it looks weird, don't worry. I'm hard at work to update stuff.

Let's talk! Have you watched the Lego Ninjago Movie? Do you like it when people make a cliche fresh? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I loved this movie! Lloyd was my favorite character from it. I like Zane better in the TV series, though. I LOVE it when people make clichés fresh! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Also, I'm so sorry I haven't been on your blog recently. I've been pretty sick. I'm better now, though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to know that someone else out there has actually watched the TV show! My favorite character from the show is Kai, but Lloyd is the one who shined in the movie. The fact that the other characters didn't have much screen time was our biggest problem with the movie.
      I'm sorry you were sick and hope you get better soon. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the way you put this together! I agree with basically everything in this post. <3

    I'm about halfway through season 3 of the show right now (super late to the party, I know, but I don't have netflix and have to watch it when my friend who does is available.) I think Jay is my favorite on the show and Lloyd my favorite in the movie, which is funny because in the movie Jay is my least favorite and on the show Lloyd is my least favorite. But ya know. xD

    Awesome post! Love it!

    thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. It's great to know other people actually watch the show, because it's so good. The later seasons are especially good. My one disappointment with the movie was that the other ninjas besides Lloyd lost all the personality they got in the show. But at least he was great. Out of curiosity, why don't you like Lloyd in the show?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts