September Recap

September Recap

Raise your hand if it felt like summer all month long where you live! *raises hand* Why, September? You betray me. It's supposed to be sweater season and I'm wearing a tank top while writing this. Somebody go see to the weather please. Since you're probably all bored hearing me complain about temperature, let's get straight to the recap where I complain about the rest of my life! Just kidding. 😉


What I Did

• September was much better than August for me. My life and emotions are starting to settle down, although there are still plenty of days where I wish everything could go back to the way it used to be. Thanks to everyone for your kind comments on last month's recap.

• We went to the National Book Festival on the first of the month, which I recaped in full in this post.

• My family popped down to the beach one Sunday. It was the perfect weather, not too cool or too hot. Here are a few pics.






• Other than that, I mostly worked on figuring out a new normal. It's not easy when my work schedule changes every week, but I try. I feel like I've been able to do a lot more of things I enjoy this month, which was one of my goals.

Books

Reading has still been slow, probably because I have the tendency to play Emoji Blitz on my phone instead of reading. *coughs* But I still feel pleased with the books I read. I also checked out some Hawkeye comic books and they were the best. Great if you need a pick-me-up.

Favorite Book


The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

Why I Liked It: Because I love Percy Jackson, y'all. He is probably my favorite Riordan character (although Annabeth, Magnus, and Hearthstone are up there too). It was fun to re-read this book and relive the adventure. The only way it could have been better is if Percabeth was back.

Least Favorite Book


Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

Why I Didn't Like It: It was a close toss up between this and Ruin and Rising for least favorite, but this won because I went into it remembering nothing from book one and not much came back while I was reading it. So it was confusing and hard to get into.

Also Read


(Don't forget you can click the titles to read the full review and follow me on Goodreads to see all my reviews and other awesomeness. I'm pretty funny, I think.)


Movies

This month I finished season two of Downton Abbey and watched the Christmas special. It was such a happy ending, I would love to leave it there and pretend Mary and Matthew have a happy ending, although I severely doubt it. Season three will have to wait until after this season of Dancing with the Stars.

My sister and I also started a new show called the New Legends of Monkey. It is so dorky, but hilarious. We love it and we've only seen four episodes. Other movies include:

Next Gen (a hard hitting sci-fi movie about anger and family that made me almost cry)
Mission Impossible II (way too long and way too much slow-mo)
An Unexpected Journey (just in time for Hobbit day)
Captain American: Civil War (and trying not to think about which characters are dead)

Blog

• This month's top post was Stop Making Bad Guys. I enjoyed writing it and ranting a bit about villains.

• I hoped to reach 70 Instagram followers this month, but again I can't get past about 65. Don't forget you can follow me there and see all the awesome book and writing pictures I post.

Music

Again, I haven't listened to much new music this month. I've been listening to Lauren Daigle's albums and I have some I want to get around to, but haven't yet. So here are some songs I'm loving this month.

Zero- Imagine Dragons (for Wreck-It Ralph!)


From Now On- Peter Hollens cover


This 6 hour classical music compilation. I've only heard about half an hour, but it's epic.


Writing

• I decided to go ahead and start my NaNoWriMo project- the third book in my Wonderland trilogy, called Heart Magic. Right at the moment, I'm working on plotting. It feels like I have a ton to do and not much time, but I'll probably finish early. I always seem to.

• I also started character edits on Goggles, Corsets, and Cyborgs. And then realized my main character had no major flaws, no Lie she Believed, or anything. That sucked. Not that she wasn't a good character, she just needed more depth.

Art

It's been another slow art month, but I did, after nine months of working on it, finish my Doctor Who project with thirteen. Other than that, I just did a little sketching and I'm working on something new that I'll hopefully show you next month.



A collage of all my Doctor Who pictures

Geek News

• Disney released a ton of new trailers this month. Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Captain Marvel, and Mary Poppins Returns all got trailers. I was so excited for both of the last two and I can't put into words how happy they made me.



• The next season of Doctor Who is set to air on October 7 and we got a new trailer. I'm also really looking forward to this, as I have since Jodie was announced as the Doctor.

• Lin-Manuel Miranda is publishing a book of affirmations that I seriously need in my life. They're basically the things he posts on Twitter, apparently, but in book form and I totally need it.

• There have been rumors going around that Disney's new streaming service may have limited series about various Marvel characters, including ones like Scarlet Witch and Loki. The most important thing? With the original actors. A ten part series about Loki with Tom Hiddleston? Sign me up.

October Thoughts

• I've got to finish my NaNoWriMo prep, obviously as well as continue editing GCC. There's so much to do for November. Blurbs, covers, music playlists!

• I'm planning on participated in Inktober again this year, so I'll post a recap of that probably sometime in November. This year I'm trying to theme all my drawings. We'll see how this goes with working.

• I've also got to figure out what I'm doing for Halloween. I love last year's costume and I hope to find something as fun to do this year. (Last year I was Scarlet Witch if you didn't know.)



How has September been for you? What have you read this month? Are you excited about the new season of Doctor Who? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

My Tips for Bookstagram
Writing Characters: A Lesson from Disney's Z-O-M-B-I-E-S


Comments

  1. It would get pretty warm in the daytime but at night it would be in the 40s where I live. I wish true fall weather would hurry up and get here though. :-Z Sounds like you had a pretty good month! I LOVE all your Doctor Who pictures!!! They're super cool. Ooh, the beach! I love the ocean. <3 And yes for Peter Hollens and Imagine Dragons! That new song of theirs is pretty good. AND YES FOR A SERIES ABOUT LOKI WITH TOM HIDDLESTON. :-O XD My September has been good! I've been reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. It's really good. :-) Hope your October is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your thoughts. I love Mere Christianity. It's got so many good thoughts. I hope you have a great October too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts