New Christmas Movies I Enjoyed

New Christmas Movies I Enjoyed

Ah, it's that time of year again. We all have those movies we watch every year, maybe even multiple times a year, that will forever say "Christmas" to us. But if you're anything like me, you also want something new to watch, to break up the old and familiar. So I've compiled a list of a few of my new Christmas favorites for you to try.

(I should have probably delayed this post until later, since there are like five or six new movies I want to watch this year. But I wanted to do it now, so I may have to add updates with those later.)



The Christmas Chronicles

I talked about this one a little last year, but it surprised me with how good it was and I can't wait to watch it again. It has a strong The Santa Clause feel, but with a different plot and starring Kurt Russell as Santa Claus. If you want something with strong family love, adventure, and comedy, this is a great choice for you.


The Princess Switch

This is a very The Parent Trap/Prince and the Pauper sort of movie. Vanessa Hudgens (from High School Musical) plays two women, one a baker and one a princess, who are identical. Obviously they switch places and love and chaos ensue. It's pretty funny and cute.


A Cinderella Story: A Christmas Wish

I talked about this one recently and while it isn't the best movie, it was a pretty cute Christmas romance. It also some decent songs and an adorable French bulldog. (Basically all of these are on Netflix, if you're interested.)


Nutcracker and the Four Realms

This movie is a fun take on the classic Nutcracker story. Our Clara is smart and bold and the costumes and look of the film is delicious. I liked it a lot. It falls short in a couple places, but I think it's a cute and fun movie for any time of year.


The Grinch

No, not the old animated one with the classic song. No, not the Jim Carrey one that alternates between hilarious and freaky. This version has Benedict Cumberpatch doing a very odd voice and it's fun and adorable. Sure, he's the least mean Grinch ever, but it has a lot of good jokes and I love its Max.


What new Christmas movie would you recommend? Have you seen any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

My Top 14 Christmas Movies

Ranking All the Cinderella Stories!

Comments

Popular Posts