March 2023 Recap

March 2023 Recap

March went by in a whirlwind. But now spring is coming and everything is turning green and the birds are singing. It makes me happy. Let's get started with the recap.


• Poiema spring intensive was the first full week of March. Honestly, it was making me the most anxious I've been in a while. But it ended up being a good time. We danced, learned, and rode bikes down the Virginia Creeper Trail in bracingly cold air.



• Then the next weekend my siblings and I went to a friend's birthday dance in Virginia. It was also a good time and I was happy to go celebrate with her.

• I started a paid trial period with a new client. It's going okay so far, although it's doing a great job at making me doubt myself and all my life choices. I just keep reminding myself that it's because I've never done something like this before, not because I actually suck.

• I signed up for Realm Makers! I'm excited and terrified all at once. Paying that amount of money was scary, ngl. But I'm trying to remind myself that this is an investment in my writing career that I hope will pay off in the end.


The Six Wives of Henry VIII- Alison Weir (4 stars)

Influence- Robert Cialdini (5 stars)

Martin the Warrior- Brian Jacques* (5 stars)

Tokyo Dreaming- Emiko Jean (4 stars)

Mossflower- Brian Jacques* (5 stars)

Also Known As- Robin Benway (4 stars)

The Legend of Luke- Brian Jacques* (4 stars)

Brody's Ghost, Vol 2- Mark Crilley (4 stars)

Fatal Throne- Candace Fleming (3 1/2 stars)


The Wolverine* (because I needed Wolverine action)

Mission: Impossible III* (I had a craving for MI movies)

Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol* (one of my favorites in the series)

Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation* (the other tie for my favorite)

Clear and Present Danger (pretty good Jack Ryan movie)

The Outfit (such a twisty, turny movie)


Querying: I sent eight new queries out this month. So far I've received 3 nos.

Writing: Since I'm between novels, I've been working on some other creative writing. I wrote a poem for the first time in years. It wasn't great, but it did whet my appetite for more. I also started a short story that I'm enjoying working on.


March had two posts, due to travel.




• I finished my next Disney princess- Ariel. I don't love 80s fashion, but I actually like the way she turned out.


• This isn't actually art, but I hand sewed myself a bag to carry cross stitch supplies in. I'm pretty proud of it, so I wanted to share.



• I'm going on a girl's trip with some ladies from our church. It should be pretty fun.

• Easter is coming up, which is always a wonderful celebration.

• I'll probably start working on editing Lost Magic again and hopefully whip it into better shape.


How was your March? Did you do any traveling or start any new projects? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts