My Favorite Reads of 2023... So Far

My Favorite Reads of 2023... So Far

Hi everyone! I'm back from my break and excited to get back into my normally scheduled everything. Which includes this blog!

Now that the halfway point of 2023 has passed us by (several months ago), it's time for me to recap what my favorite reads from the first half of the year were. Without further ado, here they are in no specific order.


1. Bravely by Maggie Stiefvater

I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. Movie tie-in books are often in the mediocre fan service category. But this one was amazing. It had depth. It made me cry (which is rare for a book). The only thing I didn't like was Merida and Feradach, but it's so small, I can overlook it. Please read this book, even if you didn't like the movie.


2. Martin the Warrior by Brian Jacques

The ending of this book breaks my heart every time. Thus, it's one of my favorites in the series. It's gripping from beginning to end, with high stakes that leave you fearful for the characters (for good reason). I know Redwall is the classic, but this book needs more recognition.


3. A Thousand Heartbeats by Kiera Cass

I didn't like Kiera's last book, so I was scared going into this one. But boy, was I surprised. In fact, this is probably one of my favorites of her books now. It was huge, but so engaging I flew through it. It also had enemies to lovers and an adorable female protagonist. Also highly recommend.


4. The Bellmaker by Brian Jacques

I rated all the Redwall books highly, but this is another one that truly stands out in the series. The plot is great, the characters are great, Blaggut is great. It's one of the few books that actually shows the vermin characters have potential for change. This book goes best with Mariel of Redwall, but can be read alone too.


5. World Saving and Other Disasters by Bethany Meyer

Am I biased about this book? Yes. But I do genuinely think it's a great book. I did want more Wick, but I guess Archer deserves some page time too. It's a great second book and leaves you begging for book three.


Have you read any of these books? What was one of your favorite reads so far this year? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I read my first Maggie Stiefvater book this year and ADORED it so I want to read Bravely all the more. Besides loving the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie Stiefvater is a great author. I hope you get to read Bravely soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts