September 2023 Recap

September 2023 Recap

It's been quite wet and dark for the last few days here. But on the up side, I've been able to wear some sweatshirts and sweaters because the weather is finally cooling off! The leaves are changing too and will probably be beautiful in the next few weeks. But let's move on from fall things to what I did this month.


• Went to our church's regional picnic. Quite a few of my friends from Poiema were there, as well as Ariel, so it was a good time. Dancing, singing, food, fellowship- what more could you want?


• Repainted the room my sisters and I share. It's been white with ugly peace signs everywhere since we moved in. But we finally buckled down and got it repainted! It's now a beautiful lavender and it makes me so happy.

I don't have a picture of the room, but you can see the color in the background of this picture.


• Had a hobbit party! It was loads of fun. I made a playlist, we had food and friends over, and even set off fireworks. 10/10 recommend.

My hobbit outfit



• Watched the entire One Piece live action show in about a week. I adored it and now I want to watch the anime (which has over 1,000 episodes). If you like pirates and anime, I highly recommend it.


Vivid- Ashely Bustamante (4 stars)
Mattimeo- Brian Jacques* (5 stars)
How to Be Free From Bitterness- Jim Wilson (4 stars)
The Pearls of Lutra- Brian Jacques* (5 stars)
Fable- Adrienne Young (4 1/2 stars)
The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar- Roald Dahl (4 stars)
When You Wish Upon a Lantern- Gloria Chao (3 1/2 stars)


The Grand Budapest Hotel (bonkers, but awesome)
Captain America: The First Avenger (such a great movie)
Center Stage (I loved all the dancing!)
Point Break (the kind of action film that makes no sense, but is straight fun anyway)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp is the perfect Willy Wonka)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (still great)
The Sea Beast (check my recent post for my thoughts)
The Karate Kid (such a classic)
10 Things I Hate About You (Heath Ledger is so cute)
Stick It (better than I thought it would be)
Star Trek (I love this movie)


I've been rewriting New Magic extensively. Most of the changes have to do with the beginning, but they trickle down through most of the first half. I'm finally almost done the major changes. Next, I plan to go back through and strengthen the beginning further, because it's still rather messy.






• The only art I finished this month was this fanart of Wick and Twill from Bethany's book. I love it, even if it's a bit cursed.



• My family is going to the Outer Banks next week! Then later, we're going to a friend's wedding. So it will be a bit travel heavy.

• I want to take part in Inktober again. I'm trying to decide if I should give myself a goal with it, something to work on as I draw.

• I hope to finish the New Magic edits, then work on updating all my query material. And if I have time after that, I'll send new queries.


How was your September? Did you watch anything good this month? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I rewatched 10 Things I Hate About You recently and found it better than I'd remembered. I think my memory caught on the setup (which is kind of... interesting) and forgot how good of a movie it is overall, lol.

    It was great seeing you at the picnic! And your Hobbit Day celebration looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has a unique set-up and a few too many raunchy jokes, but the heart is there. And it's hard to resist a movie with heart.
      It was great to see you as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts