April Creative Corner

April Creative Corner

Welcome to the April Creative Corner. Before we start, I want you to know that this post will be moving to an every other month slot. I don't know what will replace it on the months when I don't do it, but I just wanted to let you know. All right, on to the creating.

First, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 comes out next month, and in honor of that, I drew Baby Groot. Didn't he come out so cute?


The next one is a pair of earrings that I made for my mom. We found these super cute charms at Michaels a few months ago and I finally got around to using them. The cups and plates are real porcelain.


Earlier this month we went to the National Art Gallery to see a new exhibit on an impressionist painter. Afterwards we went to the roof to see Hanh/Cock, a giant blue chicken sculpture.

Here's a picture of me with Hanh/Cock, just so you can get a feel for how big he is.

While we were up there, I made a quick sketch of the Capitol dome in my art travel journal. Sometimes it's nice to not make a perfect picture, and instead just try and capture what you see quickly. It was a fun day, and a great way to remember my grandmother, who passed away the day before. She was my art teacher for many years.


And here's a quick preview of a drawing I'm currently working on. Wonder Woman! I can't wait for the movie, so in the meantime, I'm drawing her.


Let's talk! How have you been creative this month? Do you enjoy trips to art galleries? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts