6 Ways to Wear a Button-Up Shirt

6 Ways to Wear a Button-Up Shirt

I love a good button-up shirt. It gives your outfit an extra level and can add a bit of warmth, especially nice in the fall and winter. I've experimented a lot with different ways to wear them over time. Today I'll show you six different ways you can wear one button-up, with at least three quarter sleeves.

All of these looks can be completely personalized. You can wear it with pants or a skirt, a tank top or a tee-shirt, flats or boots. Accessorize with whatever you like. Make your outfit speak you.


1. Loose

This is super simple. All you do is put the shirt on and leave it unbuttoned. It gives you an easy, carefree look.


2. Buttoned

This is basically the same as the one before, except you button up your shirt. If you want to add an accessory, put on a necklace for something fancy.


3. Sleeves rolled up, loose

I've discovered that most button-ups can easily roll or fold their sleeves up. This can help you keep cool and give your shirt a different look. Put on the shirt and roll up the sleeves for this look. Leave it loose and flowing.


4. Sleeves rolled up, buttoned

Again, start by putting on the shirt and rolling up the sleeves. Then button it up. You can add some bracelets for extra sparkle.


5. Belted

You'll need a belt for this look. A skinny belt is best. Put on the shirt however you want. Buttoned, unbuttoned, sleeves up or down. Add the belt around your waist. It helps narrow your silhouette and adds some sophistication.


6. Tied around the waist

The final way to wear the shirt is to take the sleeves and tie them around your waist. Tuck in the collar to keep the look sleek.

I hope you got some ideas from this post. If you have any suggestions for fashion posts I should do, be sure to tell me.

Let's talk! Do you like button-up shirts? What's your favorite way to wear it? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. If the tails are long enough (and if I have another shirt underneath), sometimes I tie them around my waist (not the full shirt though). Mostly, I wear them buttoned up though.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both great ways to wear it. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, great post!!! This is very helpful. I don't normally wear button-up shirts, but I do have one or two and I didn't know how to wear them. Thank you!!! XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts