September Monthly Recap

September Monthly Recap

September has been a busy month of getting back into the schedule. It's also been warm most of the month, which is annoying because I want to break out my sweaters and fuzzy boots. It's fall, weather! Time to cool off. But moving past the weather, let's talk about what I've been up to this month.

What's Been Going On

Like I said, I've been trying to get back on a schedule, or at least as best I can. Life does happen, and things change every day. But I do have a bit of schedule going.

I didn't do a lot this month. There was Labor Day, the county fair, and my parents anniversary, which were all fun, but we didn't do anything big. I'm also doing my last year of violin, which is both nice and sad.

What I've Done

Writing-

I'm finishing up another round of edits on The Girl with the Sword. I think it's almost ready for people to start critiquing and reading. I'm also thinking up a new name for it. That's always fun. (Hear the sarcasm?)

Speaking of new names, I have a new name for Return to Wonderland and the rest of the series. The name is now. . . New Magic and the whole series is going to be called Magic of Wonderland. The second and third books are called Missing Magic and Heart Magic.

Missing Magic is also the novel I'm going to be writing for NaNoWriMo. I'm already working on pre-writing it, because I'm that over-prepared person. This is the first time I've written a sequel, so I'm hoping it goes well.

Art-

I just drew out the main character, the Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts from New Magic. Celia, the main character, came out super good.

Celia, my MC
The Mad Hatter
The Queen of Hearts

I'm also getting into Studio Ghibli movies, because I'm playing some of the music for my violin class. One of them was My Neighbor Totoro, which I found adorable. So I had to draw the Totoro.


I've also taken some bookstagram pictures that I think are pretty good, so I think I'll do a picture post with them next month, or possibly in November, since that will be an easy post to do.

Where I've Gone

• The book festival. I wrote a whole post on it, which you can check out here.

• The beach. It was so nice last week, my dad took us to the beach on the spur of the moment. It was the perfect weather and lots of fun. I drew the picture below in my travel journal while I was there. We also saw a snake that was either a harmless water snake or a copperhead, so we steered clear.


Thoughts on October

• I'm going to keep preparing for NaNoWriMo. I've still got a lot of work to do plus getting all the things put in the site. I'm looking forward to seeing the update they're going to roll out.

• I have my driving test next week. Aggh! I really hope I pass.

• I've got to figure out what to be for Halloween. I forgot to think about it until a bit late for a super great costume, but I've got time to come up with something good.

• I want to get some editing done on Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, which also needs a new name. It's also getting close to the people actually reading it stage.

Let's talk! What have you done this month? Is it still insanely hot where you are too? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I've also been experiencing extreme heat for September (80s-90s?? Really? The leaves have stopped changing halfway through!)

    I loved your pictures! You're a really good artist, Rachel!

    Good luck with your WIPs!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the heat is ridiculous. Thanks for your kind words, and for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had an great month! XD Hm, I went to my church's family camp, started school, and got a pet lizard. :-) XD
    Nope, it's warm\cool where I am up north. It has got down to 32, I believe, at nighttime. Brrr. :-P
    I love your drawings! They're really good. Your book sounds cool. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like you had a fun month too. Having a pet lizard sounds cool.
      At least you're getting cooler temps where you are. I'm glad you liked my drawings. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts