October Monthly Recap

October Monthly Recap

October is coming to an end, so it means it's time to start panicking about NaNoWriMo which starts in exactly two days. *runs around screaming* Okay, where were we? Ah yes, it's time for my monthly recap. Let's see what I've been up to this month.

What's Been Going On

It's Halloween time! We don't live in a neighborhood, so to do trick-or-treating (which you're never too old for), we go to Air and Scare in Virginia. It's super fun with lots of people dressed in costume and Ghostbusters and Star Wars characters to take pictures with. My costume was Scarlet Witch this year, which I loved, and I got my picture taken with some stormtroopers and Rey and Luke!




I got to spend the night with a friend and we had a great time. I tried some Korean snacks, some of which were pretty good. And she made me try a wasabi covered pea. Terrible idea, that.

My sister and I just uploaded our first video to our new YouTube channel! Our channel is called Spark&Firefly and the video is a song from High School Musical. We'd love it if you checked it out (and excuse our awkwardness).

Also, since it's Halloween, I've been watching my favorite Halloween movies. Not that any of them are scary, because I don't like scary movies. Things like The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Goosebumps, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and The Corpse Bride are some of my favorites.

What I've Done

Writing-

• Prepped for NaNoWriMo. A lot. I've outlined and worldbuilt mostly this month. I'm super excited to start writing.

• Edited on Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog. It's coming along, but really needs a new name.

• I got an awesome idea for a novel based on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Now I want to write it immediately, but I can't because of NaNoWriMo. #WriterProblems.

Art-

• I participated in Inktober this year for the first time. I'll be doing a post in November showing all my drawings, so stay tuned to see them.

• I'm also working on a map of Wonderland for my Magic of Wonderland series, but it's not done yet, so you'll have to wait to see it.

• This year, my pumpkin carving was the Hamilton musical logo. I think it looks awesome.


Where I've Gone

• My church's Reformation Day party. This year it's the 500 year anniversary. We had a ton of fun with food, a bonfire, and hay rides.

• And today we're going to DC, so that ought to be fun. We're hoping to go to the American History Museum.

Thoughts On November

• NaNoWriMo. Mostly that. I'll be writing it on my laptop for the first time, so we'll see how this goes.

• I've got to start working on Christmas gifts. Can the year be almost over already?

Let's talk! How's October been for you? What was your costume for Halloween? Are you doing NaNoWriMo? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I love the title Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog! It sounds so fun and quirky. ^_^

    Oooh, and HAMILTON! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. *Flails*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like the title, I just feel like it needs to be more relevant to the story. And I'm glad you liked the pumpkin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your costume! That's awesome! XD Sounds like you had a great month. :-D I am not doing Nanowrimo; sadly. :-( Our church had a Reformation party too! It was awesome! XD I didn't carve a pumpkin this year, but last year I did Captain America's shield. XD I like your carving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captain America's shield is a great idea! I did have a good month. Thanks for reading.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts