My Top YouTubers

My Top YouTubers

If you haven't guessed from some of my posts, I love watching YouTube. I'm subscribed to like seventy people and I keep finding more to follow. Ahem. The curse of YouTube. Anyway, for today's post I'm sharing my top ten or so YouTubers. The criteria is varied and doesn't apply to all of them, so I'm not sure how it works and the list will be in any old order. Let's just go to it.



#1: Studio C


What They Do: Family friendly skit comedy.

What I Love About Them: They're so funny, it's impossible not to. Their sketches vary in topic and make fun of all sorts of things. I've written a whole post about their skits, so go check that out. (Although they just announced the original cast is leaving and I'm totally not sitting in a corner and crying. Or already subscribed to their new channel, JK Studios!)

#2: Blimey Cow


What He Does: Humorous videos about homeschoolers, Christians, and a lot of other stuff.

What I Love About Him: Again, his videos are hilarious. If you fit in the niche that he makes videos for, then you'll agree. Yeah, sometimes he gets a bit ranty, but I ignore those videos.

#3: Because Science


What He Does: Videos looking at things from pop culture through a scientific view.

What I Love About Him: Science and geeky stuff. It does't get much better. True, it points out the truth about almost anything in science-fiction, but you learn a lot and he just does it for fun, not to ruin the movies for you.

#4: Blogilates


What She Does: Inspirational at-home Pilates videos with her own spin.

What I Love About Her: For one thing, her videos are excellent for all experience levels. For another thing, she's very inspiring. She talks to you the whole time and is always encouraging. Plus, she encourages things like health while still eating things you enjoy and such. A great fitness channel.

#5: How It Should Have Ended


What They Do: Animated comedy videos giving alternate endings to your favorite movies.

What I Love About Them: They point out the plot holes and problems with movies, but don't tear them down. They just poke fun at things that everyone already noticed. It's hilarious, and so true. Every time I watch a movie, I have to check if there's a HISHE for it. Movie fans should subscribe immediately.

#6: Jonathan Young


What He Does: Two words. Rock. Covers.

What I Love About Him: Ever wanted to hear Let It Go as a rock song? Or The Other Side? Or Ducktales Theme? Even if you didn't, you do now. Jonathan covers a variety of things, including anime songs that I don't watch, but I love his channel for the rock music and his humorous personality.

#7: Lindsey Stirling 


What She Does: Dubstep violin, while dancing.

What I Love About Her: She is a complete original and such a normal person, despite how she looks in her videos. She writes original music and covers other songs. Plus, she's a violinist, so I love that.

#8: The Piano Guys


What They Do: Song covers and classical music, mostly mixed.

What I Love About Them: I love how they combine classical and pop in ways you'd never expect. Fight Song and Amazing Grace? I Want You Back and Bach? Jungle Book and Sarabande? Plus, they're so fun. Go watch all their videos at once.

#9: Translator Fails


What She Does: Makes hilarious videos using Google Translate.

What I Love About Her: She ruins everything by putting it through Google Translate. Pop songs, Disney songs, Ikea instructions, and more. Her videos never fail to make me laugh. (Alexander Hamilton? Totally spoilery.) They can be a bit inappropriate though, so watch out.

#10: TheOdd1sOut


What He Does: Animated videos full of his life stories and thoughts.

What I Love About Him: His videos never fail to make me laugh. They're full of humor and things you can relate to. His style is very distinct and fun.

#11: Peter Hollens


What He Does: Music covers, a Capella, and original music.

What I Love About Him: He's just a fun guy with a great set of pipes. Sometimes he likes to do normal covers, other times he adds his own flair to it. (Also, I think he's an elf. His ears look pointy all the time.)

#12: Nick Pitera


What He Does: Music covers and one man musicals.

What I Love About Him: He can sing in three octaves, including soprano. His falsetto is the key feature of his channel. It sounds almost exactly like a woman, which is cool. He also wears a heart in all his videos. Oh, and did I mention he works at a little company called Pixar?

#13: Lessons from the Screenplay


What He Does: Videos examining movies to learn things from them.

What I Love About Him: His videos are great for writers. They cover all sorts of topics, like characters, three act structure, and more. They're very well done too.

#14: Evynne Hollens


What She Does: Music covers.

What I Love About Her: She's the wife of Peter Hollens, for a start, and they do the best duets together. But she's also a great singer herself and a Disney lover. She's done all the Disney Princess songs, along with lots of others.

#15: Zach King


What He Does: Internet magic. In other words, he does magic in videos, using illusion and manipulation.

What I Love About Him: He's just funny and his magic is really good. He's got all sorts of great ideas and you'll probably be surprised every time you watch them.

#16: AmandaRachLee


What She Does: Bullet journal and lifestyle videos.

What I Love About Her: If you're a bullet journaller, you should subscribe to her. She's got a great style and I always get new ideas to use when I watch her videos. She also shows you how to do lettering and doodles and other stuff.

#17: Rosanna Pansino


What She Does: A cooking show called Nerdy Nummies, along with other fun videos.

What I Love About Her: She combines cooking and nerdy things. She can show you how to make the rolls from Brave or a cake like the one in Sleeping Beauty. And she's just really fun to watch.

Well, this turned out much longer than I expected, but that's okay. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to see more posts like this?


Who are your favorite YouTubers? Do you subscribe to any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Let's Talk About: Lindsey Stirling
Writing Lessons from Studio C


Comments

  1. LINDSEY STIRLING, THE PIANO GUYS, and PETER HOLLENS. I REALLY like their music. <333 I think I'll check out Studio C sometime; I've heard good things about them. Is there a video by them you really like? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like some of my favorites too. You really should check out Studio C. I'd suggest trying their International Relations video or any of their Shoulder Angel videos.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts