10 Clean Netflix Shows to Try

10 Clean Netflix Shows to Try

Who doesn't love to curl up on the couch/chair/bed and watch something on Netflix? The problem is, a lot of their shows are mature or crass or just poor quality. So I'd thought I'd recommend you some of my favorite shows that you could try out. (Both Netflix originals and ones on Netflix.) A few of these aren't 100% clean, but if they aren't I'll give you a content warning so you know.





Race to the Edge

If you love How To Train Your Dragon, you have to check out this show. It covers the time between movies one and two and I think should be required viewing for all HTTYD fans. It really fills in the gaps, plus it's actually quality TV that can be very moving. I've written a whole post on the subject, so check that out.


Trollhunters

Of all the shows on this list, I would say that this probably has the top spot. It's not only well done, with great episode and acting, it's pretty deep for a kids show. Serious things happen, with serious consequences. It made me cry like crazy. It's about trolls and humans and hidden worlds and it's awesome. (If you need more convincing, I wrote a post about it too.)


3 Below

Interestingly enough, this is a show about two teenage aliens that crash-land on Earth after a coup on their planet, that actually ties into Trollhunters. Sadly, it lacks the quality of Trollhunters, but it's still enjoyable as they try to learn to navigate our world. If only they would let Prince Krell, my sweet cinnamon roll, have more screen time instead of Princess Aja (who is pretty much a Strong Female Character).


Voltron: Legendary Defender

If you like science fiction, giant robot lions that can turn into a giant robot mech, and beautifully nuanced characters, then this show is for you. (Technically, it's a remake of the original, but this one is more anime.) As the show goes on, the characters are faced with harder and harder decisions and they really grow by the end.

Content Warning: Sadly, they did ruin one of my favorite characters by making Shiro gay, but it's practically unnoticeable until the last episode, where we get an on-screen kiss. I just wanted to warn anyone out there. The rest of it is fine.


Great British Baking Show

Who doesn't love baking and British accents? It that, competitions, and bad puns are your thing, then this is the show for you. To me, it's a soothing watch. It requires no brainpower, only something to snack on because what they bake will make you hungry.


The New Legends of Monkey

This show is difficult to explain. There are gods, priests, magic, and a distinct feel of Chinese mythology mixed with Aussie accents. (Just look up the Google description if you want more.) It is pretty dorky, but at the same time, I loved it. I wanted to binge the whole season in a day. So just give it a try. (And hope that they someday make a season two, though it seems unlikely.)


The Toys That Made Us

Ever wanted to know the stories behind your favorite childhood toys? Then this show is perfect for you. It's both educational and fun to watch as you learn where your toys came from and how they got to where they are today. My family loves to watch this one together.

Content Warning: A few crude jokes here and there, especially in the Barbie episode (for obvious reasons).


The Crown

Of all the shows on this list, this is probably the least clean. But it's so good that I couldn't not include it. It gives a great look at the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and British politics. The acting is great, the writing is great, everything is great. And let's hope that season three comes soon.

Content Warning: Some of the episodes have sensual scenes and there is some cursing. And we didn't even watch season two, episode seven, I think, due to the amount of content between Margaret and her current man.


The Dragon Prince

I've only seen season one of this show, but I hope to get around to watching season two soon. It's about two young princes who must save a dragon egg with the help of an elf, all while their two kingdoms hover on the brink of war. It's a lot slower than most shows, but it has a lot of heart and I love the worldbuilding.


A Series of Unfortunate Events

I've talked in great length on this show before (you can find my reviews of seasons one and two here), but I shall say it again. This is one of the best adaptations out there and you should watch it. It can be heartbreaking, but it leaves you with a feeling of hope. It's funny, and dark, and Lemony Snicket is awesome.



What are your favorite Netflix shows? Have you watched any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

6 Things to Do While Watching Videos
Writing Lessons from the Little Mermaid (2018)


Comments

  1. Monks be trippin'. Trippitakin', that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched any of these series but I heard lots of good opinions about the 'Crown' and I'd like to give it a go soon! My favourite Netflix series for now is 'Riverdale' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally watch the Crown. It's one of the best shows I've seen. I haven't seen Riverdale, but I've heard about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts