The Best Book to Movie Adaptions

The Best Book to Movie Adaptions

We've looked at movies that weren't like the book before. But how about movies that were great adaptations of the books? There are some great ones out there, so let's take a look at some of my favorites.


 

The Lord of the Rings

Obviously this is the adaptation of all adaptations. It's one of the best books to movies of all time. Sure, it changes a few things, but somehow Peter Jackson managed to take the wonderful books that Tolkien wrote and translate them to the screen beautifully.

 

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

I grew up on this movie and still adore it to this day. Sure, the second and third movies got progressively more off course, but the first one is well done. It has great actors, filming, and the costuming is fabulous.

 

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Have you figured out I love this movie yet? Movie two is a little less close to the book, but both of them are well done. I love the actors they chose and how the brought the story to the screen. Netflix isn't bad at these YA adaptations.

 

Pride and Prejudice

No, not the movie. The BBC miniseries. With Colin Firth. It's obviously the superior, and since it's a miniseries, it can do the whole book, without leaving almost anything out. Whole sections of dialog are left unchanged. It's perfection.

 

Gone With the Wind

I finally got to watch this classic recently and I can see why it's so popular. It's amazingly well done. I know not everyone likes it, but I loved the book and the movie. Sure, it's super long, but for a good reason.

 

The Hunger Games

One of the best YA adaptations ever. From actors to sets to cinematography, these movies are great. They bring to life the good and the bad, and with very few changes. The first one is especially good.

 

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Not the movie, but the Netflix show. I think it's the only way these books could be done justice, and they were. It's heartbreaking and wonderful all at the same time. They did such a good job with it and I can't recommend it enough.

 

Anne of Green Gables

I haven't watched this one in a long time, but I should. It's a great adaptation of the book, staying true to the themes and characters, unlike some I could mention *cough* Anne With An E *cough*. The actress for Anne is especially good and the whole thing is heartwarming. And you should see their Gilbert.

 

Ender's Game

I read the book first, and I thought the movie did a good job (although it was several years between I read and watched it, so if I'm wrong, excuse me). Asa Butterfield is a great young actor and perfect for the part of Ender. Plus it has Harrison Ford, so that's cool.


What are some of your favorite book to movie adaptions? Have you watched any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. ACK LotR and Narnia are some of my favorite movies ever. <33 And THG are good movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoTR and Narnia are the best. They always put me in a good mood. :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen a lot of these movies but haven't read some of the books. I think Nim's Island movie was better than the book, I don't really like the second movie though.

    Astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched or read Nim's Island, but I've heard of it.

      Delete
  3. Yes to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie! It was my introduction to Narnia and I love it to pieces. Pride & Prejudice '95 is the best!! I've seen part of the Netflix series A Series of Unfortunate Events and it is so good! The books weren't my favorite, but now I want to reread them because of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie. It's so good. You should reread them. I enjoyed them a lot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts