The Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus Book Tag


I'm back doing what I do best. Shamelessly stealing tags I see in other people's posts. This time I saw this tag on Purely Olivia's blog and knew I had to do it. Know why? Because it's Percy Jackson themed!

You only have to be around me for a short amount of time to know I'm a major Percy Jackson fan. I love the books and when I heard they were making it into a show, I may have squealed a little. It's so exciting. Let's hope it comes out before I'm too old to appreciate it (although that will probably never happen). Anyway, let's stop screaming about good ol' PJ and get on to the tag.


The Rules

• Thank the person who tagged you (thanks, me!) and link to their post. (Um. . .)

• Link to the original creator, May at Forever and Everly, who made the awesome graphics.

• Match books with the given prompts.

• Tag however many people wanted!

• Copy+paste the rules and prompts.

The Questions




I always have such a hard time with bests reads of the year. I'm going with Spinning Silver, though, because that book completely captivated me. I would read it again in a heartbeat.





Any Agatha Cristie book. She's such a superb mystery writing that any of her books blow me away. I can never figure them out.





Lockwood and Co
. It's such fantastic series with great worldbuilding but I rarely see people talk about it. It's got ghosts and ghost hunters, people. Think Ghostbusters but more Victorian less weird gadgets.




The Cruel Prince
. Honestly, I thought I would super hate the series. I don't know why. Probably because it was so hyped it couldn't be nearly as good as everyone said. I was wrong.




The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
. This book is my childhood. I still read half the lines in the same voice that they used in the audio dramas I listened to obsessively. I also may or may not check everyone wardrobe for a portal in the back.




There are not enough books with good sibling relationships out there. Let's go with the classic, Little Women. I love the March sisters and think they're some of the best out there.




Seas
, the second book in the Wendy Darling series. I remember reading most of it one Sunday afternoon. I was so caught up in the story I just couldn't stop.




Oh, lots of them. How about The Hobbit? It's been a classic of children's literature for years and for a good reason. It's a great book.




The Bible. I just couldn't imagine reading only one book forever until I was rescued. With the Bible I could still be with God, even if I'm marooned.




I don't really predict my reads very often, because I never know what it will actually be like when I read it. But I do have Uprooted on my shelf to read and I think that might be one.




The next Fowl Twins book. I'm looking very forward to it. I've already read a lot of this year's big releases for me, so I think this is the next one I'm super excited about.




Fawkes
. I wasn't convinced by a certain person, but a lot of people spoke highly of it on bookstagram, so I decided to give it a try.




Sal and Gabi Break the Universe
. I don't think I've had a book make me laugh out loud more than that one.




Gone With the Wind
. I know this book is hit or miss, but I loved it. Watching the movie again recently reminded me how much I loved it.




Mockingjay
. Because there was no way it could end happily. It was a hard one to get through, but so good in the end.




Divergent
. It may not be the best book, but I have fond memories of it because it was one of my first introductions to YA and dystopian fiction.




Lucky
. It's a book about these rich girls that get everything they want and don't learn anything by the end. It triggered me so hard. I want to burn the book.




How do I just pick one awesome romance? But can I just say Percy and Annabeth? Because I love them. I love their relationship, I love their sweetness, I love how they went from friends to lovers and now go to college together. *three thousand heart emojis*



The Prompts

PERCY JACKSON: your best/favorite book of the year
ANNABETH CHASE: a book where you’re in awe of the author’s genius
GROVER UNDERWOOD: a book you love that’s under-hyped
LUKE CASTELLAN: a book you thought you’d hate but didn’t 
CHIRON: a book that will always feel like home
TYSON: a book with a sibling relationship you adore
THALIA GRACE: a book where time froze when you read it
NICO DI ANGELO: a well-loved book you love too
CALYPSO: a book you’d be marooned on an island with
RACHEL DARE: a book you predict you will give 5 stars
JASON GRACE: an upcoming book you’d get hit with a brick to read now
PIPER MCLEAN: a book you loved that someone convinced you to read
LEO VALDEZ: the funniest book you’ve read
HAZEL LEVESQUE: an old book/book you read a long time ago but still love
FRANK ZHANG: a book you were afraid to reach the end of
REYNA RAMÍREZ-ARELLANO: a book everyone hates but you love
OCTAVIAN: a book you would punch without hesitation
PERCABETH: a book with the best romance

I Tag. . .

And anyone else who wants to join!


Who is your favorite Percy Jackson character? What's an upcoming release you're looking forward to? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

Popular Posts