My Favorite Book Settings

My Favorite Book Settings

There are some settings I always adore. The ones that will make me pick up a book because I see it in the description. Or the ones that make me excited when they come in. Setting is very important in a book. Sometimes it's almost a character in it's own right. Other times we only get to see a setting a few times. They can reflect what's happening to a character or make things more difficult. So let me share with you some of my favorite settings.


Asia

I'm a huge fan of stories set in Asia, whether it's fantasy or not. They have such a unique culture and mythology it brings a different feel to any book or movie. I also love the fashion in these kinds of books. Things like hanboks or kimonos are just so cool to me.

Boarding School

Yes, I'm a sucker for school stories. My biggest complaint about them? There isn't enough time normally spent at school. Which is why I like mysteries or other stories set only in a boarding school, like Gallagher Girls. I know, I'm weird.


Magical Forest

I know people say forests are a cliche setting, but I've grown up with forests, so I still love them. Especially if they're magical, full of enchanted creatures and danger, where one can have adventures and make discovers.

Magical Realm

If a magical forest isn't enough, I'll also take a magical realm. They are never not cool. I love them and all the magic they contain. They could be under a curse, or have things completely different than our world. So many possibilities.

Palaces

I'm also a huge sucker for a palace or castle of any kind. I prefer big fancy ones with secret passageways and fabulous ballrooms, but I'll settle for almost any kind. They always hold so much intrigue inside their walls.


Balls

This probably comes from my deep love of Disney princess films. But I love a good ball. The fancier, the more outrageous, the better. My favorite part is the dresses, but the handsome boys that fill these events don't hurt either.

Futuristic Cities

Sci-fi or dystopian cities that are full of cool tech are awesome. I'm especially in love with things like virtual realities or some gritty aesthetics. Sadly, many of these shiny cities of the future seem to hide dark secrets underneath.


Space Ships

Who doesn't love a space ship? Be honest, we all do. There are so may possibilities, from ones small enough for one person, to giant space liners. Sleek, new ones and run down junkers. They make such a great setting, especially because no one can leave.

The 1920s

I know there was actually a lot of dark stuff going on during that time, but it's one the periods of history that fascinates me the most. So much was happening and changing all at once. I also love the fashion and the different types there were.


What are some of your favorite settings? Do you share any of mine? Tell me in the comments.

Suggest Posts:



Comments

  1. These are some great picks! I love Asia and magical realms and forests too. 😁 I also like Nordic and Scandinavian settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are cool settings. Quite literally sometimes 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts