March 2022 Recap

March 2022 Recap

My March was actually kind of busy. From going to North Carolina at the beginning of the month to DC opening up more, I feel like I did a lot of things and went a lot of places. So let's jump into the recap! (I will also have you know it was like 70° last week and 23° when I got up this morning.)


•I went to Poiema Spring Intensive. It was in a location I'd never been to before, and also in the mountains, so I was a little nervous about going. But I had a good time anyway. I pushed myself to try new things and be a little more outgoing. I went with several siblings and a few new people, which was fun.



•I've been to DC several times lately. Things have been opening up without masks and it's been great. My dad and I have gone down a lot and it's been super great to see all the museums again.




•My sister and I went to Barnes and Noble for fun. We browsed and I got two new books.

•I've done some fun baking. I made mint chocolate chip cupcakes for Saint Patrick's Day and a double chocolate cake this Sunday. I love baking.



•While I've done a lot of fun and good stuff, I've also struggled. Starting out in a direction is hard and discouraging sometimes. I've felt lonely and lost and unsure of myself. But through it all, God has been there, as well as my wonderful parents. I couldn't do this without them.


The Hawthorne Legacy- Jennifer Lynn Barnes (4 stars)

Warcross- Marie Lu (4 stars)

Wildcard- Marie Lu (4 stars)


Mary Blair's Unique Flair- Amy Novesky (3 stars)

Cheshire Crossing- Andy Weir (2 stars)


No Time To Die (quite the finale to Daniel Craig's Bond)

In Her Majesty's Secret Service (not as good as I heard it would be)

Captain Marvel (been a while since I saw this one and it was fun to revisit)


I made the decision to re-write OAMH after going over the edits I wanted to do. I decided it would be easier to rewrite the whole thing than try to do the edits I wanted. Hopefully this will take the story in the direction I want and make it better.

So I spent most of the month reworking the plot points, Zach's character arc, and the outline. I started writing last week. I plan to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo to help me get it rewritten.


I've completed two ninjas for my "drawing Ninjago characters as humans" series. First up we have Kai, my favorite ninja from the series. I love how he came out, from his hair to his expression.


Then I did Jay, the lightning ninja. He came out pretty cute too, even if I feel like his blue isn't quite right.


I also made another aesthetic gouache painting, this time in green. I really like the bottom two panels in it.



•I hope to write most of OAMH next month. Let me know if you're doing Camp NaNoWriMo!

•I pray I start getting some more work. And that I would have wisdom in finding jobs.

•I'd like to finish some more ninjas in my project. Maybe the other three?

•It's also spring, so I have cleaning to do. Mostly digitally this year. But it will be good to do.


How was your March? Did you get to do anything fun? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

Popular Posts