May 2022 Recap

May 2022 Recap

Happy Memorial Day! I hope, even if you don't have the day off, you have time to do some relaxing or something fun today. I suck at these intros, so let's get straight into the recap.


•I made these cute cupcakes for Mother's Day and this cool Lincoln Memorial cake for its centennial. (Can you believe it's a hundred years old?) Both were pretty fun to do.



•Went strawberry picking. I might be getting a bit old to do it, because my back was killing me afterwards, but it was fun.


•Bought myself flowers and went Goodwill shopping with my mom. I found a few pieces I was looking for, as well as a glass coffee cup, so I'd say it was a successful trip.



•Started curating my spring playlist. (You can listen to it here if you'd like.) It's not done, but I'll keep working on it.

•Took lots of walks and enjoyed the nature around our farm.




Urchin of the Riding Stars- M. I. McAllister (5 stars)

Where the Crawdads Sing- Delia Owens (3 1/2 stars)

Dearest Josephine- Caroline George (5 stars)


The Summer I Turned Pretty- Jenny Han (2 stars)


Seven Steps to Confident Writing- Alan Gleb (4 stars)


Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (different than I expected, but super fun)

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey (weird, but Death made it worth it)

Kingsmen: The Secret Service (waaay more gory than I thought, but I managed to make it through)

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Ryan Reynolds+Samuel L. Jackson= very funny)

The Adam Project (another one that wasn't quite what I thought it would be, but I still enjoyed it)


As you know, I wanted to finish this draft of OAMH this month so I could give it to my sister for feedback. I'm very close, and will probably finish by the end of the week, but I'm not quite done. Still, I'm happy with my progress and I'm currently over 80k.


I finished another ninja- Zane. I'm now done with the four originals, although I want to do some of the others too.


However, that project took a pause because May is Mermay! Because I did so many drawings, I'm going to give them their own post later this week.

But I would also like to share my Clueless bullet journal theme I did this month. Because I'm extra, I drew all the plaid patterns by hand. It was so fun to create and play with different types of patterns.



•My big focus in June is to work on agent stuff. Making a short list, sending queries, etc. I'm nervous about it, but I also want to start on this.

•I'm going to a con and out of town for the weekend in June, both of which I'm looking forward to.

•I need to finish the show I'm currently working on so I can start watching Kenobi, stat.


How was your May? Have you done any fun spring things? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. I didn't know the Lincoln Memorial is now 100 years old! Awesome cake. Shopping at Goodwill is one of my favorite things!! I hadn't gone thrift shopping in years, but I went with some friends in April and had a blast. Great Zane picture. The Clueless bullet journal theme is so creative! My sisters and I are thinking about rewatching every Emma adaptation, so I might be watching it again, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrift shopping is so fun. I love the weird and random stuff you can find, along with gems. Rewatching all the Emma adaptations sounds so cool!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts