February 2023 Recap

February 2023 Recap

February is only two days shorter than most months, but for some reason that feels like a lot. Now February is practically over and March and all its busyness is almost here. But let's look at what happened in my February.


•My sister and I went to Virginia for a few days. There was a snafu along the way, but it did work out, so I guess that's okay. Other than that, we visited some antique stores, did some art, and petted some cats.


•I set up a contract with a new client for a paid trial. I'm praying that it turns into a long-term gig, because that would be a blessing.

•I feel like I spent a more time than I would like worrying about things this month. Money, future plans, upcoming events, etc. I'm trying to work on trusting God more and worrying less in the next few months.


(I only finished three books this month because I've been working on a large non-fiction book that's been taking me forever.)

Lord Brocktree*- Brian Jacques (5 stars)

What's a Disorganized Person To Do?- Stacey Platt (3 stars)

If the Magic Fits- Susan Maupin Schmid (4 stars)


The Hunt for Red October (more engaging than I thought a movie about submarines could be)

Drifting Home (okay, but weird pacing and lots of unanswered questions)

Monsters vs Aliens* (not as good as I remember it)

Spider-Man: No Way Home* (all the heart emojis)

Charade (a sassy, twisty thriller)

Love and Monsters* (some problems, but so fun to watch)

Princess Mononoke* (I watch it for the first half more than anything)

Sense and Sensibility* (peak Austen)

The Curse of the Black Pearl* (absolutely fabulous)

Big Eyes (a different Tim Burton, but good)


Querying: No news. In March I'm planning to send a new batch of queries.

Editing: I finished major plot edits on An Octopus Ate My Homework last week. I'm pretty happy with where it is right now, but ready to take a break and work on something for a while.


February posts were:





•This is a Draw This In Your Style for someone I follow on Instagram. The sparklers were hard, but it was a good challenge.


•My sister and I did two art challenges while we were away. The first one was to create a space OC. I did this watercolor one inspired runway models, Miss Frizzle, and the costumes from Six.


•The second challenge we did was a OC based around the music that came up when you shuffle your Spotify. This character (also done in watercolor) was inspired mostly by Frozen and Beetlejuice.



•I have lots on my calendar in March, including Poiema, a friend's birthday dance, my sister's birthday, and more.

•I'm going to send a new batch of queries and work on some short stories.

•Work on reading more books to catch up.


How was your February? Have you ever tried an art challenge? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts