Ranking Every Taylor Swift Album

Ranking Every Taylor Swift Album

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a huge Swiftie. (Sadly, I'm not going to her Eras Tour. Tickets are too expensive.) So today I thought it would be fun to rank every single one of her albums!

Especially since the Speak Now (Taylor's Version) is coming out in July. *squeeeee* I'm not excited, no not all.

Anyway, I'm going to rank all ten studio albums and decide once and for (or for now) which is my favorite. I'll also include my favorite song from each album, at the time of this post. Also note, I'll be ranking the rereleased versions of Red and Fearless.


#10: Taylor Swift

Okay, confession time. I've never listened to this album. I know, revoke my Swiftie card now. But it's never interested me enough to listen to it, which is why I never have and it's last on my list.


#9: Fearless

I do enjoy Fearless, and it has some great classics, but it's not one of my go-tos for her.

Favorite Song: "Love Story" (I'm basic, I know)


#8: Red

A great album that I enjoy listening to (in halves for the extended version), but again, not a top pick. Lots of bangers though, and I love pretty much all the extra songs she included with the rerelease.

Favorite Song: "The Last Time" (I love the harmonies on this song)


#7: Speak Now

This album has always had one of my favorite covers. It also has some of my favorite songs, like Sparks Fly, Story of Us, Haunted, and Innocent.

Favorite Song: "Enchanted" (I love the vibes of this song)


#6: Midnights

Okay, now we're getting to the hard ones. The last six are very close in my opinion of them. But Midnights comes next, because while it's good, it's not quite as much my favorite as some of the others. Still such a great, vibey album.

Favorite Song: "Vigilante Shit" (it's just my favorite, okay?)


#5: Reputation

This album is probably the most different of all Taylor's albums, but that's why I love it. I adore the gritty sound of it and all the angst.

Favorite Song: Getaway Car (I'm a sucker for a ballad-esque song)


#4: evermore

evermore and folklore are closely tied in my mind. They came in a point of my life where I was suffering with a lot of anxiety, and listening to these albums calmed me. Plus, I love the more storytelling style they have.

Favorite Song: "champagne problems" (it's so sad, but so good)


#3: folklore

Like evermore, this album calms me. I know the lyrics to practically every song. Anytime I'm feeling stressed or anxious, this is my go-to album.

Favorite Song: "mirrorball" (this song has always reminded me of myself)
 

#2: Lover

It was really hard to pick between the top two. They're both my absolute favorites of her work. Lover has such fond memories for me and always makes me happy. But in my opinion, it's the teeniest bit too long. I always forget some of the songs in the second half.

Favorite Song: "Lover" (I have such strong memory ties to listening to this song right after it dropped)


#1: 1989

This was the first album I ever listened to by her. Ever since, nothing's dethroned it as my favorite of her work. It's just so perfect. I love every song, the length is perfect, and it's the best.

Favorite Song: "Welcome to New York" (it makes me happy every time)


Do you agree with my ranking? Which album do you like the best? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. Nice ranking. Speak Now is probably my favorite of her albums with folklore as a very close second.
    Woah, The Last Time is my favorite Red song, too! I've never "met" anyone else with that opinion, so that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speak Now and Folklore are both great albums. And The Last Time is so good! I wish more people liked it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts