The Blood Stained Search Bar Tag


Surprise! You get an extra post this week. Here's why.

Melissa@Quill Pen Writer tagged me in this interesting writer tag. (Thanks for that, Melissa.) I don't like my schedule messed up, so I just decided to an extra post.

Here are the rules-

1) Dig deep into your computer history and list five of your most recent and interesting searches for writing research; how to murder someone, is the sky blue, anything! And if you please, share a little about what you learned from these searches.

2) Thank and link to whoever tagged you. Also if I didn't tag you, if you could link to the creator (me), that would be awesome. 

3) Tag at least three other bloggers!

4) Have fun ;)

Here are five of my recent searches. The  results might be a bit mixed, since I'm working on a few things right now.

Golden eagle
 
One of my characters has a golden eagle as a companion. I looked it up to make sure I was close to accurate in my description. It is a talking eagle, so I decided it was okay to flub a little. Interesting fact: golden eagles do not screech. They are actually quiet birds. Golden eagles also will attack larger creatures to protect their young, which I might use in my story, except the eagle protects the girl.

How to carry a spear
 
The same character who has the eagle also fights with a spear, and I was curious if there was a way for her to carry it on her back. The answer is no. They wouldn't be able to draw it. She'll just have to carry it. She's a tough girl, she'll be fine.

Pink fish
 
In a different story, a mother and her daughter were going to the aquarium. Jasmine, the little girl, wanted to see pink fish. I had no idea if there were any, thus this search. There really isn't any, the kind you would see in an aquarium at least.

Choosing a sword
 
My main character, Kay, was getting a sword for his journey. I wanted to see if there was a way a person chose a sword. It was hard to find any information about that, except for collectors and reenactors.

5 year olds
 
Jasmine is five and it's been a while since I've been around a five year old. I wanted to make sure she was behaving properly for her age. It was quite interesting to read about how five year olds act.

There you have my searches. I don't know anyone to tag yet, so I'm skipping that part.

What sort of searches have you made? Are they weird?

Comments

  1. Awesome, I'm so glad you took part in the tag! Apart from the ones I mentioned in my post, I've also been doing a little bit of research on archery as well as a bunch of name searches as I'm sooo bad at naming characters. It's always nice to have a little inspiration. And I love your searches! Golden eagles sound like very cute birds. XD Thanks for participating! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts