Ranking Every Season of Ninjago

Ranking Every Season of Ninjago

I'm 26 years old and I love an animated kids show about Lego ninjas. I have no regrets.

But truly, Ninjago is an excellent show, no matter how old you are. It's not childish, it has great characters, a fun world, and ninjas! What more could you want? (And you can stream it on Netflix.)

So today, I thought it would be fun to do a ranking of every season of Ninjago. Which is fifteen, apparently, is fifteen. Plus the four pilot episodes, one special, and one miniseries. All of which I will be including. So strap in and let's get ranking.

Also, as a note, just because a season is ranked lower here, doesn't mean I don't like it. I love pretty much the whole show, and every season has its good parts.



#18: The Island

This is a four episode miniseries with almost no relevance to the main plot. The biggest thing it does is introduce us to a legend that becomes important in the next season, but you could honestly skip this and have no problems. That's why I place it last, even though it has some good parts.


#17: Prime Empire

I'm normally a huge fan of anything video game themed. But this season was a little disappointing in it's execution of that concept. There's some fun stuff, but most of it is repetitive of previous (better) seasons. I also think the villain was rather disappointing.


#16: Skybound

The ending ruins this whole season. Until that point, this is was probably one of the most hard-hitting seasons of the whole show. But they backed themselves into a corner and had to use the ol' time reversal card. (Also, Kai, my favorite character, barely features in this season.)


#15: Legacy of the Green Ninja

This season is kind of forgettable and repetitive. Garmadon tries to stop the ninja, he fails, we all crack a joke. It has a pretty solid ending, but it's just okay otherwise.


#14: Crystalized

Sadly, the final season of Ninjago proper wasn't the best by far. It was fairly mediocre. They tried to make it cool by having the Ninja face a bunch of their old enemies, but most of it fell short. I also hate when the characters we love are overshadowed by new, young upstarts.


#13: Day of the Departed

This is a special focusing on Cole no longer being a ghost. That part of the special is interesting. But the rest is more of a recap of past villains and adventures, which is kind of boring.


#12: March of the Oni

This is Ninjago's shortest real season (only four episodes), and it shows. The story is fine, but super underdeveloped. They tried to make it serious and scary, but we don't have time to feel it. Plus, they tried to give us a cop out death which really didn't work. The whole season could have easily been doubled and been much better for it.


#11: Secrets of Forbidden Spinjitzu

When Ninjago moved to Netflix, they changed the animation style. This is the first season with that style, which is a bit of a jarring change. The story is fine, but it's honestly a bit predictable and I don't like the way it's divided into two parts.


#10: Hunted

There are cool parts of this season, like the Mad Max style world some of the Ninja are trapped in. But the rest of it is fairly forgettable. The only reason it's this high on the list is because I don't have any big issues with it like some of the previous ones.


#9: Rise of the Snakes

Now we're getting into the season I really, really love. This is the first full season of Ninjago, which allowed us to start exploring the characters and the world more fully. We get to meet the Ninja's parents and learn their backstories. It's fun and colorful and makes me nostalgic.


#8: Seabound

Seabound has the honor of being one of two seasons that made me cry. Nya's sacrifice and Jay's anguish at the end made me bawl far more than one should over animated Lego figures. Nya's a bit annoying in this season (as is her mother), but it does have some pretty solid parts.


#7: Master of the Mountain

Cole doesn't get enough seasons focused on him, which is why this season is so nice. We get a bit of a love interest for him, as well as a chance for him to develop his powers further. The world is quite cool and there's a lot of fun characters, even if the story feels a bit like it's going nowhere at times.


#6: Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu

I watched these first four episodes of Ninjago far too many times. But it's all we had for a while. Even though the pilots are short, the animation quality is a bit weird, and not much happens, it made me fall in love with these characters. I was hooked ever since.


#5: Tournament of Elements

The Tournament of Elements helped expand the world of Ninjago in a great way by introducing other characters with powers. And then pitting them against each other! There's a lot going on in this season, which is great to watch, plus Kai gets a love interest- Skylar.


#4: Hands of Time

Oh look, another season focused around Kai. I won't apologize for liking them. This season is great because we get both villains with unique powers and a look at Kai and Nya's backstory. This time, the time travel isn't cliche or poorly used like in Skybound.


#3: Sons of Garmadon

After Warner Brothers released The Lego Ninjago Movie, they updated the show's look to match. (I didn't love it at first, but I adjusted.) While we had to deal with that change, the writing for this season was top notch. The villain was such a shock, I'm still shook.


#2: Rebooted

This is the second season that made me cry. At the end, Zane sacrifices himself to stop the Overlord, and it was so sad. All my siblings cried. Other than that, the season is great with lots of cool techno-magic elements. It introduced P.I.X.A.L. and we went to the moon. What more could you want?


#1: Possession

When I started this ranking, I already knew which season would be on top. Possession is my favorite season of all time and nothing ever topped it. It focuses on Kai (part of the reason I love it) as he and the other Ninja try to free Lloyd from possession by one of Master Wu's former pupils.

It's got ghosts. It's got great character relationships between Kai and Lloyd, who's practically his little brother. It has a great ending. It's pretty much the plot of Kung Fu Panda, which is a great movie. You can't top this season for me.


Have you watch Ninjago? Which is your favorite season? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts