Inktober 2023 Recap

Inktober 2023 Recap

This October, I once again participated in Inktober. If you don't know what that is, it's a challenge to draw something each day, normally with an ink tool (like a pen) and following a list of prompts. I've done this for years, so if you want to see my past drawings, click on the "inktober" tag at the bottom of this post.

This year, I decided to draw a person every day. I've been working on my figure drawing, so this was a good opportunity to practice new poses, body types, and features.

Anyway, you guys always enjoy seeing what I create for these challenges, so here we go.


#1: Dream

Dreaming makes me think of sleep, so I drew this girl wearing cute pajamas. She ended up looking a lot more like than me than I meant, but that's okay.


#2: Spiders

I tried to create a dress inspired by spiders for this prompt. It's not great. Could have used some colors.


#3: Path

For path, I drew a jogger. I'm quite proud of this one and how she actually looks like she's running.


#4: Dodge

Being a knife thrower's assistant doesn't actually require dodging, but that's the best thing I could come up with for the prompt. I enjoyed creating this 1920s circus look.


#5: Map

Because of my obsession with One Piece, I immediately thought of Nami for this prompt. So I drew her, which will actually be good practice for an upcoming project I want to work on.


#6: Golden

I know there's no color, but imagine her whole look is done in gold. I also attempted cornrows. They're harder than they look.


#7: Drip

For this one, we have this Greek(?) girl standing in the water. Who she is or what she's doing is up to you to decide. (Personally, I think she's a naiad.)


#8: Toad

I attempted to draw Toad from Frog and Toad as a 1970s dude. I think I got the look okay, even if I don't like how his face came out.


#9: Bounce

It's really hard to find reference photos of people bouncing. So instead we have this girl jumping. It's not great, but again, I tried.


#10: Fortune

Obviously, we had to do a fortune teller for this prompt. I didn't think I would like this one, but I actually think it came out okay.


#11: Wander

Another one that's up for interpretation. I see this as a pirate girl returning home after her travels, but you come up with your own story.


#12: Spicy

Would you believe it's hard to draw "spicy" when you're trying to draw people? I did this girl holding a bowl full of your choice of spicy food.


#13: Rise

I'm quite proud of this one. I chose an angle I've never drawn before and it doesn't look totally terrible!


#14: Castle

Here we have a Nordic ice princess in front of her castle. I'm not good at backgrounds. This is something I need to work on.


#15: Dagger

I call this my YA fantasy book cover drawing. A girl's face and a dagger. All it needs is a title along the lines of A _ of _ and _.


#16: Angel

Wings are hard, guys. I think these came out okay, but I drew them like three times.


#17: Demon

Another One Piece fanart, this time of Zoro (my personal favorite character). He's known as a demon pirate hunter, so that's why I chose him.

#18: Saddle (skipped)


#19: Plump

I found a beautiful curvy model as a reference for this drawing. It was so fun to draw all her curves and curly hair.


#20: Frost

A really bad drawing of Jack Frost I did in the car on the way to New York. It was so bumpy, I couldn't do the kind of neat lineart I like.


#21/22: Chains/Scratchy

I only just realized the prompt was "scratchy" not "scratch". I drew this girl in chains with scratches because I thought that. Oh well.


#23: Celestial

This is another favorite of mine. It's inspired by Chang'e, the Chinese moon goddess. It's not meant to be accurate, but it was inspired by Chinese traditional dress.


#24: Shallow

I tried to create one of those YA movie mean girls who's rich and has one braincell. I'm not sure I accomplished that.


#25: Dangerous

Another attempt at a pose I've never tried before. The proportions aren't great, but it was good practice.


#26: Remove

A girl removing her mask. It's based on a cool photo of AURORA I found.


#27: Beast

I drew this 80/90s girl in a big, chunky, Beauty and the Beast sweatshirt. I think she's super cute.


#28/29: Sparkle/Massive

I attempted to draw Mei, Queen of Diamonds, from my book, New Magic. She doesn't look right, so I think she needs to be workshopped some more. You get the sparkle from all the diamonds she wears, and the massive from how many there are.


#30: Rush

At first glance, this doesn't look like rushing. This looks like Kiki relaxing in the grass. That's because I'm pretending there are rushes in the grass she's lying on. Just roll with it.


#31: Fire

For the final drawing, I drew this fire dancer. Her proportions are a little wonky, but I think she's pretty.


Which of these is your favorite? Have you done Inktober before? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts