Book of the Month: The Wish Granter

Book of the Month: The Wish Granter

The Wish Granter
by C. J. Redwine

Blurb: The world has turned upside down for Thad and Ari Glavan, the bastard twins of Sundraille's king. Their mother was murdered. The royal family died mysteriously. And now Thad sits on the throne of a kingdom whose streets are suddenly overrun with violence he can't stop.

Growing up ignored by the nobility, Ari never wanted to be a proper princess. And when Thad suddenly starts training Ari to take his place, she realizes that her brother's ascension to the throne wasn't fate- it was the work of a Wish Granter named Alistair Teague, who tricked Thad into wishing away both the safety of his people and his soul in exchange for the crown.

So Ari recruits the help of Thad's enigmatic new weapons master, Sebastian Vaughn, to teach her how to fight Teague. With secret ties to Teague's criminal empire, Sebastian might just hold the key to discovering Alistair's weaknesses, saving Ari's brother- and herself.

But Teague is ruthless and more than read to destroy anyone who dares stand in his way- and now he has his sights set on the princess. And if Ari can't outwit him, she'll lose Sebastian, her brother. . . and her soul.

Cover Review: It took me far into the book to realize what the cover had to do with the story, but that's okay. When I got it, the cover made perfect sense. It's a beautiful cover with all the embroidery, including the words. I think the needle and blood are a bit distracting, but they do make sense with the story.

My Thoughts

Plot: The Wish Granter is a pretty fast paced novel, but it also has it's down moments. It was a great combination of action and reaction scenes. It kept me flipping pages and was very exciting. It's based off the fairytale "Rumpelstiltskin", which I think is awesome because there aren't a lot of those. It takes place after the events in the original fairytale, however, I won't tell you more than that because I might spoil it.

Characters: The characters were my favorite part of this book. Although it may sound like it, Thad isn't that important of a character. Ari and Sebastian tell most of the book.

Ari was awesome because she's a princess, curvy, and has amazing appreciation for food. She can make the best sounding desserts. And I want more curvy princesses! That was one of the best parts. Sebastian was a more sensitive character but just as deep as Ari. He's emotionally scared from an abusive father and has PTSD. (I could be wrong though. I'm not sure if I have the right one.)

Then there's Teague. He was scary and awesome and had his own problems from his past. He was a great villain. He even had some soft spots. Teague was much scarier than Rumpelstiltskin in Once Upon a Time.

World: This was a beautifully built fantasy world. This story takes place in one of seven countries, and there's a map in the front and everything. I felt like there was nice politics and worldbuilding as well.

Other: There was some great magic in this world to. Wish Granters are fae that can grant your wish, but some, like Teague, take your soul in return. It could be scary, but I loved it.

My Rating:







Let's talk! Have you read The Wish Granter? Do you want more princess in various sizes? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts