NaNoWriMo Update #3


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Or if you don't live in the United States, have a lovely Thursday. There is exactly a week left of NaNoWriMo right now. Ahh! Shall we see how things have gone this week?

Current Wordcount

42,513 words

How It's Going

Slowly. I've finally hit a slump in my writing. I never seem to get it in the second week, when I know a lot of people do. I tend to have slumps near the end, when I've worked so hard and I just want to be done, but there's still a lot more writing to do.

But the nice thing about having written so much near the beginning of the month is that I don't have to write a lot now to still reach 50,000 words. Like today for example, I'm probably only going to write about five hundred words so I can enjoy the holiday.

Other Thoughts

• I hate killing characters. I had to kill a super nice one in this book and it hurt so much. I didn't cry, but it was sad.

• Darn my problems with novels coming out short. I think I'll have to go back and see where I've missed scenes so I can hit 50K.

• We went to the Museum of the Bible on Tuesday. If you're in DC, I really suggest you go. It's completely free and super awesome. There's interactive stuff, a huge exhibit on Bibles, fun for all ages, and more. It was spectacular.

• I had a violin recital Saturday. I was super nervous, like I always am, and my E string totally went out of tune when it was my turn to perform (thankfully before I started), but I think I performed well.

Some GIFs


When you kill off that one character you really liked. "I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry."


Realizing there's only one week of NaNoWriMo left. . .


. . . but rocking out anyway because you know you go this.

Let's talk! How's writing been for you this week? What are your thoughts on killing characters? Have you gone anywhere cool this week? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. Great work on Nano, and Happy Thanksgiving!!! XD Congrats on your violin recital!!! :-D I hate killing off characters too. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Killing characters is the worst, except for maybe breaking a character's heart. That's hard too. And putting them through trauma.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts