NaNoWriMo Update and November 2020 Recap

NaNoWriMo Update and November 2020 Recap

Well, I survived November. I consider that a feat in itself, since I had a ton on my plate. But we'll get to that. We're almost at the end of 2020 and we shall soon see what 2021 will bring.


NaNoWriMo Recap

Final Wordcount: 51,976 words

How It Went: Honestly, it went well considering everything. I got sick for a week only a week into it, which made my wordcount suffer a little, but then I pulled ahead. I managed to write every day, even though some days it was so hard. My mind was so full I couldn't come up with the words I wanted to write. But I made it through.

Favorite Part: Writing Pippa. She was such a fun, childish character. I don't think I got her right, but there are moments I could see the real Pippa shinning through.

Least Favorite Part: Besides how hard it was, the climax. It was awful. But that's what editing is for.

What I Did

• I never got a chance to show off my Halloween costume in last month's recap, and I'm really proud of it, so here it is. I was Wednesday Addams and I think I looked pretty good.



• Voted and watched our country seem to go up in flames with all the protests and the hate surrounding it. It was so sad. I continue to pray for an end to this daily.

• Wrote. A lot. That goes without saying. But writing took up a lot of my time that wasn't taken up with working. And since we couldn't go to Starbucks and write, my siblings and I made our own coffee shop at home.


• The big news is that I got a new job. I'll be very sad to leave Marshalls, but I think it's for the best. I'm going to be working at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I start next week.

Read

Almost Autumn- Marianne Kaurin (4 stars)

Fellowship of the Ring- J. R. R. Tolkien (1 galaxy of stars)

Uprooted- Naomi Novak (3 1/2 stars)


Who Could That Be At This Hour?- Lemony Snicket (4 stars)

Undying- Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner (4 stars)

Watched

Pan (somehow this gets weirder every time I watch it?)

Hook (not quite what I was expecting, but still good)

Peter Pan- 2003 (one of my new favorite versions of Peter Pan)

Julie and the Phantoms (my new obsession)

On the Blog

If you hadn't noticed, and I forgot to announce, I only posted on Thursdays in November, and I am so glad I did. Even getting that one post a week out was hard. But my most popular post was my costume party post.

Art

I also didn't have a lot of time for art this month, as much as I would have liked to. I drew a few things, but nothing I feel like is worth sharing. But I did get some new paint to try out, so we'll see if I like it.

December Thoughts

• I want to finish reading The Two Towers, at least. I'd hoped to get in Return of the King as well, but I don't know if I'll be able to.

• I hope to do a lot of fun Christmas things, like paint ornaments, go Christmas shopping, and do some Christmas activities.

• I'll be starting my new job, so I pray that goes well. Changing jobs mid-December might be a mistake, but I hope it's not.

• I need to get back into stretching and exercise. Those also fell by the wayside last month and I can tell I need to get back into them.


How was your November? If you did NaNoWriMo, how did that go? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Way to go on winning NaNoWriMo!!!!!! That's fantastic! I feel you as I kept switching the personalities of two of my characters and I'll really need to fix that in editing.

    You look so good as Wednesday Addams! Bravo!! Have a good December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping things straight during NaNoWriMo can be hard. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on NaNo and the new job! Hook and the 2003 Peter Pan are my two favorite Peter Pan movies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts