December 2022 Recap

December 2022 Recap

Somehow we've reached the end of the final month of 2022. It feels like this year just started, but here we are. So let's go ahead and do our final 2022 recap.


•Went to a variety of holiday events including a holiday market, a Christmas tea, and Mount Vernon. They were all very fun.




•Got to go to a media preview with my dad in DC. It was for a new entertainment exhibit, which was very cool. And of course, I had to get my picture with the Star Wars costumes in my Star Wars dress.


•Had a good Christmas. It wasn't quite what I hoped, but I tried to make the best of it. I'm thankful I could spend it with my family, because I know a lot of people can't.

Wrapping gifts is one of my favorite parts of Christmas


A Show for Two- Tashie Bhuiyan (4 stars)


Penelope Grace and the Winter Carousel- Alexandra Miracola (5 stars)

Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe- Melissa de la Cruz (2 stars)

10 Blind Dates- Ashley Elston (4 1/2 stars)

The Business of Being a Writer- Jane Friedman (4 stars)

A Merry Christmas and Other Christmas Stories- Louisa May Alcott (4 1/2 stars)

Tokyo Ever After- Emiko Jean (4 stars)

How to Read a Dress- Lydia Edwards (4 stars)


Christmas with the Kranks (a little cringey, but funny)

Matilda: The Musical (super cute and well done)

Chicago (well-shot and excellently acted)

Chronicle (a found footage superhero movie that turned out way darker than I thought)

Glass Onion (not as good as the first one, but pretty good)

Oblivion (pretty solid, if slightly cliche, sci-fi movie)


Querying: I sent out a second batch of queries at the beginning of December. From that batch, I've already received three rejections. I also got a rejection from one agent I was still waiting on from batch one.

Writing: I've gotten back into edits on An Octopus Ate My Homework, starting with plot edits. I'm just in the beginning stages, so it's pretty easy at the moment.


December posts were:



I'd also like to announce I'll be taking a two week break for the first two weeks of January. I just need some time to do new year planning and all that without extra pressure of blog posts.


I got a bit more art done this month, which was nice. First we have the next Disney Princess in my series- Cinderella. Her dress is based on 1950s outfits and is the original silver color.


Next, I got this gift tags in a subscription box, but I don't use gift tags on presents. So I decided to make art out of them. As you do.


I've also been getting back into cross stitch, so I finished this sun moon and stars pattern this month.



•Get back on track with life after the holidays. Exercise regularly, go to the skate park weekly, eat less sugar. All that good stuff.

•Work on some organization in my area and life.

•Set 2023 goals and make action plans to achieve them.


How was your December? Did you do any fun Christmas things? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts