June 2023 Recap


Wow, June has been a busy month for me. And July isn't looking to slow the pace. But it's a lot of good stuff and I'm trying to remind myself that this is only a season. It'll pass and I'll be able to return to a more normal schedule.


• My family went to my cousin's wedding in Indiana. It was great seeing family again and we even had time to do some sight seeing in the Indianapolis area. They had some great vintage and antique shops we hit up. I really hoped to find a vintage dress, but only ended up finding a cute lemon tee shirt.




The lemon shirt I got

• My sister and I went to Awesome Con! Because it was their 10th anniversary, it was bigger than normal. It took us a good two or more hours to work through the vendor hall, one of our favorite parts. We also got to see Christopher Eccleston, Karen Gillan, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, and Andy Serkis speak, which was super cool.



It was so fun watching these guys together ❤️


My sister as the main character from Demon Slayer

Me in a 1950s Star Wars look


• Went to see Across the Spider-Verse in theaters with some of my siblings. It was awesome! My only complaint is that I wanted more of an ending for this film, which we didn't get.


• Copywriting work has been slow lately, so my dad suggested I try doing DoorDash to earn extra money to cover my Realm Maker expenses. I took his advice and have been doing that for the last couple of weeks. I've actually rather enjoyed it and it makes a nice little side gig.

• Like I said in the intro, life's just been busy. I've been prepping for Realm Makers, doing copywriting work, doing DoorDash, and trying to keep up with regular life and other summer activities. It's a lot and some days I feel overwhelmed. But I've been working to take it one day at a time and trust God with all my worries and fears.


Salamandastron- Brian Jacques* (5 stars)

Life Together- Dietrich Bonhoeffer (4 stars)

The Looking-Glass Illusion- Sara Ella (4 1/2 stars)

The Winter Soldier: Cold Front- Mackenzie Lee (3 1/2 stars)

Instructions for Dancing- Nicola Yoon (3 stars)

World Saving and Other Disasters- Bethany Meyer (5 stars)


Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (every time I watch it, I want to sacrifice Willie in the lava more)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (love this movie so much)

Pan (a rewatch with my sister to analyze why it's so bad)

Free Guy (fun and better than I thought it would be when I first watched it)

Jumper (cool concept, horrible plot)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (not perfect, but I still love it)

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (yay for more Gwen Stacey!)

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (I love the tank sequence)

Kung Fu Yoga (one of the weirdest movies I've watched in a while)

Crazy Rich Asians (a perfectly fine rom-com, but I don't get the full hype)


Querying: I got one new rejection last week. After I get back from Realm Makers, I should probably send out a new batch.

Writing: Currently on hold until after Realm Makers is over.

Platform: I just started writing new copy for my author website yesterday. It needs updating and filling out.

Realm Makers: Things are moving right along. I booked my flight about two weeks ago, so everything is starting to feel very real. I've also ordered my business cards, designed my one sheet, and edited my proposal, which I'm getting feedback on now. I'm now at the point where I kind of wish it was already here, because I'm tired of living in anticipation. But I also wish it was further away at the same time.


June posts:



Also, I wanted to say I'll be taking a blog break next month. I pop on and do one post I have in my mind, but since I'm so busy, I need to take a break here.


• I finally finished my next Disney princess, which is Jasmine. I had a hard time coming up with something I liked for her, which is why it took so long.



• I'm going to Realm Makers! AHHHHHHHH!

• I also have a lot of other stuff on my plate, like helping with a wedding, two birthdays, and church events.

• I'll continue to work on trusting God and relying on His guidance, strength, and help.


How was your June? Is summer a busy time for you too? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad to have you at the wedding next week, and so grateful for your help! ^-^

    Jumper was such a weird movie. I fully agree with you that the concept was great and the execution was really poor. :P

    I'll have to take a peek at your review of Instructions for Dancing! That's been on my shelf for over a year now and it's begun to stand out to me more as a "read soon" book in the past couple of months, so I'm really interested to read your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I get to help out!
      I had mixed feelings about Instructions for Dancing. So I'll be interested to see what you think when you read it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts