Why I Love The Amazing Spider-Man

Why I Love The Amazing Spider-Man

Andrew Garfield has always been my second favorite Spider-Man. Yes, Tobey's movies helped launch the superhero film genre, but I've never been a huge fan of his acting. And I know Andrew's movies aren't the best, but that's what I'm here to talk about today.

In today's post, I'll be explaining exactly why I love the Amazing Spider-Man movies so much and just sharing my love for these films that get so much hate.



1) The humor

The humor in Amazing Spider-Man is such peak Spider-Man. The jokes make me cackle every time, even though I've seen both movies 3-4x. I mean, how can you not when there are lines like:

"My weakness. Small knives. Anything but knives!"

"I'm sorry I didn't take us to the Bahama of hiding places."

"You should see the other guy. The other guy, in this instance, being a giant mutant lizard."

"I was cleaning the chimney."
"We don't have a chimney, Peter."
"Whaaat?"

If you've read any Spider-Man comics, you'll know this is the kind of humor you get. And I think Andrew Garfield really nails that part of Spider-Man better than any of the others.


2) Peter's awkwardness

I'm a socially awkward person. So is Peter Parker, especially in this version. He repeats himself a lot, has a hard time finishing a sentence, and doesn't always know how to act around other people.

I relate to all of that. I enjoy watching him because I know exactly how he feels. Plus, the way Andrew Garfield plays it makes it feel very lovable (although I know some people find it annoying).


3) Peter's smarts

I feel like we see the most of Peter's science side in these movies. He gets to do real science stuff compared to the others, like help Curt Conners with the genetics project or learn to magnetize his webs to Electro can't fry them.

He's also super smart as Spider-Man. That part where he sets up a literal web in the sewers to catch the Lizard? Perfection. Or the part where he saves all those people on the stars from being electrocuted? Awesome. He truly is the Amazing Spider-Man.

* * *

There are lots more reasons I love these movies, like the colors, the suit, and elements of the plot. Or how it contains my absolute favorite Stan Lee cameo. (Plus how parts of it inspired my own superhero, Ink.) But I'll stop here for today 😁.


Have you watched the Amazing Spider-Man movies? Do you love or hate them? Tell me in the comments (but please be nice).

Comments

Popular Posts