December 2023 Recap


We've somehow reached the end of 2023. It's not been a year I expected, but here we are. Let's recap the last month of the year.

Also, I plan to take a break from blogging in January. I'm not sure what the future of this blog is, so I want to take a month and think about it.


• Got to see the Nutcracker. It's been years since we went, and we found a local ballet school performing it for cheap. It was a lot of fun, even if it did make me a little anxious.

• Went caroling at a local nursing home with people from our church. It was fun for us and a blessing to the people there.

• I struggled a lot with Christmas this year. I felt sad a lot and just didn't want to do a lot of Christmas things. I'm not sure why. But in spite of that, Christmas Eve/Day were both good.


Sister of the Bollywood Bride- Nadini Bajpai (3 stars)
Majesty- Katherine McGee (3 stars)
Komi Can't Communicate, Vol 6- Tomohito Oda (3 stars)
Hey Whipple, Squeeze This- Luke Sullivan (3 stars)
Komi Can't Communicate, Vol 7- Tomohito Oda (5 stars)
Komi Can't Communicate, Vol 8- Tomohito Oda (4 stars)
The Paris Dressmaker- Kristy Cambron (4 stars)
Rakkety Tam- Brian Jacques* (5 stars)


Mad Max: Fury Road (not what I expected)
27 Dresses (not spectacular, but fun)
Die Hard (a Christmas classic)
Die Hard 2: Die Harder (not as good as the first, but still fun)
Die Hard with a Vengeance (almost as good as the original)
The Phantom of the Opera (I didn't cry watching it this time)
Vanilla Sky (very odd)
White Christmas (doesn't get old)
Return of the King (happy 20 years!)
While You Were Sleeping (also not spectacular, but fine)
Holidate (quite crass 😖)


I finished updating my query materials. But since it was pretty much the holidays, I decided to delay querying any more until January.

In the meantime, I started a new short story to use as a newsletter lead magnet. It's being a bit difficult, but I'm enjoying writing it.


It's not exactly art, but here are a few of the Christmas projects I made.

Steve the Goose

A vest for my brother

A table runner for my mom

A flat cap

Pingu



• Work on creating new routines to help my life run smoother.

• Finish writing my short story and return to the querying trenches.

• Take more time for things I enjoy.


How was your December? Did you have a good Christmas? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts