My Top 10 Tangled: The Series Songs

My Top 10 Tangled: The Series Songs

I've talked about my love for Tangled: The Series before. (If you like Tangled, do yourself a favor and check it out.) One of my favorite things about the show is the music, written by the man, Alan Menkin himself.

Originally, I thought it would be fun to rank all the songs from the show. But since there are thirty-one songs over three seasons, I quickly decided against that. So, instead, I'm here to share my top ten songs from the show.


10. Friendship Song

This song is in a filler episode about Pascal and Rapunzel's relationship. While the episode is rather forgettable (and I don't generally like episodes focused on animal sidekicks) the song itself is adorable.


9. With You By My Side

Three. Part. Harmonies. Any song that includes them is immediately that much better in my book. Of course, this song comes in right before things go horribly wrong, but we won't think about that.


8. Bigger Than That

If you want a song to bop out to, this is a great choice. It's about overcoming fear and it's sung by the amazing James Monroe Iglehart, who played the Genii in Aladdin on Broadway.


7. Buddy Song

A Eugene/Lance friendship song? Yes, yes, yes! It's such a bop and always makes me want to sing along. It's also hilarious.


6. Wind in My Hair

This is the title song, so I kind of have to be the mood to hear it, but at the same time, I love it. It's just such a hopeful song, sung beautifully by Mandy Moore.


5. Let Me Make You Proud

You'll probably notice a theme in my top five songs *cough*Jeremy Jordan*cough*. But how can I resist that man's amazing voice? This is the first song he sings in the show and it's amazing. I can never decide if I want to sing along or just bask in his singing.


4. Next Stop Anywhere

Another bop. I like it so much, it's on my traveling playlist. It only has very brief three party harmony at the end, but all of the vocals throughout the song are great.


3. Ready As I'll Ever Be

This song always gives me chills. It's placed so well at such a dramatic moment at the end of season one. Plus, everyone sings in it, so I get all my favorite voices in one song. The harmonies? The lyrics? Amazing from beginning to end.


2. Nothing Left to Lose

It was a close pick between the top two songs. I love them both in different ways.

For example, sometimes I just watch this scene on YouTube because it's so good. Varian trying to convince Cass that being evil isn't worth it? It's so painful and so good and I don't have the words. It fills me with feelings. Listen to it.


1. Waiting in the Wings

Funny story with this song. I'd heard of it before watching the show, because everyone was talking about it. But when I heard it for the first time, I wasn't impressed. It took several listening for me to really love and appreciate this song.

It's not amazingly sung and well-written, I relate to it on a more personal level. I often fill like I'm waiting in the wings for a cue that never comes, like Cass is in this song. I mean, "Some of us are stars, and some are just in the way"? I feel that.



Have you heard any of these songs? If you have, what's your top three? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts