July 15, 2016

The Blood Stained Search Bar Tag


Surprise! You get an extra post this week. Here's why.

Melissa@Quill Pen Writer tagged me in this interesting writer tag. (Thanks for that, Melissa.) I don't like my schedule messed up, so I just decided to an extra post.

Here are the rules-

1) Dig deep into your computer history and list five of your most recent and interesting searches for writing research; how to murder someone, is the sky blue, anything! And if you please, share a little about what you learned from these searches.

2) Thank and link to whoever tagged you. Also if I didn't tag you, if you could link to the creator (me), that would be awesome. 

3) Tag at least three other bloggers!

4) Have fun ;)

Here are five of my recent searches. The  results might be a bit mixed, since I'm working on a few things right now.

Golden eagle
 
One of my characters has a golden eagle as a companion. I looked it up to make sure I was close to accurate in my description. It is a talking eagle, so I decided it was okay to flub a little. Interesting fact: golden eagles do not screech. They are actually quiet birds. Golden eagles also will attack larger creatures to protect their young, which I might use in my story, except the eagle protects the girl.

How to carry a spear
 
The same character who has the eagle also fights with a spear, and I was curious if there was a way for her to carry it on her back. The answer is no. They wouldn't be able to draw it. She'll just have to carry it. She's a tough girl, she'll be fine.

Pink fish
 
In a different story, a mother and her daughter were going to the aquarium. Jasmine, the little girl, wanted to see pink fish. I had no idea if there were any, thus this search. There really isn't any, the kind you would see in an aquarium at least.

Choosing a sword
 
My main character, Kay, was getting a sword for his journey. I wanted to see if there was a way a person chose a sword. It was hard to find any information about that, except for collectors and reenactors.

5 year olds
 
Jasmine is five and it's been a while since I've been around a five year old. I wanted to make sure she was behaving properly for her age. It was quite interesting to read about how five year olds act.

There you have my searches. I don't know anyone to tag yet, so I'm skipping that part.

What sort of searches have you made? Are they weird?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'm so glad you took part in the tag! Apart from the ones I mentioned in my post, I've also been doing a little bit of research on archery as well as a bunch of name searches as I'm sooo bad at naming characters. It's always nice to have a little inspiration. And I love your searches! Golden eagles sound like very cute birds. XD Thanks for participating! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete