2016: A Review of the Year and Look Ahead


2016 is coming to a close. I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in the US it hasn't been the best year. One of my favorite memes describing it is this one.



Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it definitely wasn't my favorite year of all time. However, it was the year I started this blog. I can't describe how much I like doing this. I love being able to make myself heard, which can be hard for an introvert like myself.

That being said, let's take a look back at this year. If you don't want to hear about me and my past and future goals, come back Monday, January 2.

2016 Review

Blog-

Like I've said before, I've wanted to blog for a long time. In January of 2016 I started R's Loft and I've enjoyed every minute of it. 2016 was my year to experiment with blogging, to see what I liked and didn't like, to get my feet wet in the blogosphere. I am definitely going to continue this blog, as I think it's fun and a good creative outlet.

Personal-

2016 was my first year as an adult. I graduated in spring of 2015, so this year was a scary time. The adult world is confusing and difficult. But with lots of prayer and encouragement from my family, I got through it.

I also started to exercise more frequently in the past year. While I haven't seen a lot of changes outwardly, I know I am getting stronger. I can do poses and difficult exercises now that I couldn't do earlier this year. I feel better and I haven't gotten sick as much. Stretching was another thing I started as well. I was finally able to do a bridge and I'm getting more flexible, which is awesome. Splits, here I come.

2017 Look Ahead

Blog-

I've been working out what I want to do with my blog in the next year. I'm going to keep my Monday and Thursday posting schedule. I'm going to try doing a book a review the first post of every month, and a look at what I've read for the last post of every month. Creative Corner will stick around for a few more months to see how I like it. Classic of the month is going to be dropped.

Personal-

If I were to pick one word to describe my attitude towards 2017, it would "fearless". I have problems with letting fears and worries hold me back from trying. And I've decided I'm done with that in 2017. Will it be easy? No. But living and trying things without fear is my goal. I plan on actually start selling from my Etsy shop and building my author platform.

What was 2016 like for you? What are your goals for 2017? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts