December Recap

December Recap

There's only one day left in 2017? *runs screaming in circles* 


Ahem, okay I'm good. This time of year always makes me feel panicked and excited. On one hand, a new year is a new start. But on the other, there's that feeling of another year gone and all you didn't get half the stuff done that you wanted to. Anyone else feel like this? (Tell me in the comments if you do.)

What's Been Going On

First big news, I got my drivers licence! Third time really is a charm. We went to a different place to take the test and they were super nice. I didn't feel stressed at all (or at least beyond normal). There is nothing like the feeling of being able to drive anywhere you want whenever you want.

And of course there was Christmas. I had a lovely Christmas spending time with my family and friends and I hope you did too. Christmas Eve was super busy, though. We had church in the morning, then went to my grandparents, then back to church for the Christmas Eve service. I played in it, by the way. It was great.


What I've Done

Writing-

Honestly, I haven't done a ton of writing this month. I've been more focused on spending time with my family and enjoying myself. I have however, started pre-writing Hollows and Horsemen. It's been lots of fun so far. I'm also working on my writing goals for next year, which I might share soon.

Art-

I drew this picture of Gnomeo and Juliet from the movie by the same name. I love how I managed to capture the look of love between them. And if you haven't seen this movie, you should try it. Romeo and Juliet with garden gnomes. It's good and funny.



My sister and I painted this snowflake painting for our wall. It was Pinterest idea that actually came out looking like the picture. #pinterestwin


This is my Christmas greeting that I posted on social media, just because I'm that sort of extra person. Don't judge.


And lastly, I did some character sketching of the Headless Horseman for my story. I love how it's come out so far. Also, fun story. I started to sketch him, and the first thing I started with was the head. *face palm*


Where I've Gone

• Ellicott City to see a Christmas train display, including one that was completely made with Lego. It was pretty cool.

• National Harbor to see a Christmas lights show and the Christmas tree. We didn't spend a lot of time outside, since it was frigid, but it was good.


Obviously, we had to take a picture with this Rosie the Riveter statue

• My sister's orchestra Christmas concert. She had a solo, so I was very proud of her. Although it was different to watch from the audience instead of being on stage.

• A youth Christmas party at our church. Super fun. Food, candy, a secret Santa, the works.

Thoughts on January

I'm going to cheat on this one because I plan to make a post on 2018 Monday, so I'll talk about my goals and such then. Stay tuned if you're curious.

Let's talk! What have you done this month? How was your Christmas? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I loved your pictures, Rachel! The lighted Ferris wheel was so pretty! Glad you had a good Christmas too 😄.

    I had a rather boring December (except for Christmas of course). Can't wait for the New Year!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ferris Wheel is pretty, and huge. I'm glad your December went well, even if it was boring. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts