February Recap

February Recap

Ah, February. The month who's name causes me so much anxiety to spell (and looks horrible in cursive) and always feel like the longest month of the year. My family has been so sick this month, only adding to the lengthy feel. Also, the weather in Maryland has been all over the place. This week alone it was in the seventies at the beginning and today it's in the thirty and forties. Let's see what I've been doing this month.

What I Did

• We went to Mount Vernon on President's Day. It was kind of cold and misted a lot, but I had a good time. We even got to meet the General himself. My favorite part was looking at all the buildings and the wonderful views. And obviously, we listened to Hamilton all the way there.





A sketch of one of the soldiers I made while we were waiting

And a sketch of the top of the house while we were waiting some more

• I got to see a deer heart. Our landlord shot a deer and left the guts by his barn, so we went over to look at them. It was kind of gross and kind of cool.

• I had a group violin recital. It went well. We played pieces from Howl's Moving Castle and The Wind Rises, as well as a piece by Bach.

• Totally rearranged my room with my sister. It was a lot of work but the room looks much bigger now.

Blog

• I only messed up my new schedule once, which isn't bad to me. So far I'm liking it, but I'm giving it another month to see if I continue to like it.

• I've already got thirteen post on my Instagram (so be sure to follow me there). If you do follow me, you'll get to see my bookstagram pictures, inspirational posts, and other stuff.

Watched/Listen

• I'm totally in love with Newsies right now. I've been listening to the soundtrack for a while and I finally got around to watching the recording of the Broadway musical that you can find on Netflix. I loved it so much I've seen it twice already. You should go watch it right now. You won't regret it.

Excuse me while I go break something trying to do Newsies dance moves

• I listened through all of Taylor Swift's albums this month (except her first one because I don't have that one). It was interesting hearing the progression of her music from country to pop to I'm not sure what.

• My current favorite songs are "What About Us" by P!nk, "Stand By You" by Rachel Platten, and "This Is Me" from The Greatest Showman.

• Some of the movies I watched include Wonderstruck (great), The Phantom Menace (because I have to get through all the films before The Last Jedi comes out), and Leap! (better than I thought).

Writing/Art

• I started writing Horsemen and Hollows this month. I'm currently almost 13k in. For anyone interested, here's the blurb and cover.


Brian Van- A teenager from 1959 with a fun loving attitude and everything a person could want- popularity, friends, a cute girl. Until one day he sees something he never thought he would- a ghost. His normality is sent crashing to the ground, leaving him questioning everything he believes.
Ichabod Piper- The new kid in town who’s quickly climbing to the top. He wants to rule, and he doesn’t care who he has to push down to get there. Especially the mysterious boy at school who seems to have it all.

When the two boys clash, a rivalry starts that consumes them both. But a sinister thing lurks in the woods, watching and waiting. And it’s time is coming soon.

• It was also my goal to finish plot editing on Goggles, Corsets, and Cyborgs this month and I'm almost done that goal. I've changed a few things since I wrote it and I like how it's coming.

• Art wise, my big project this year is to draw all 14 Doctors from Doctor Who. I completed the first Doctor and hope to start the second this week. Other than that, I've been working on some hand-lettering, so here's a quote I illustrated with it.



Mood

I decided after have a stressful January, I was done with that. So this month I've tried to take a step back and take time to relax. I even wrote myself a note in my bullet journal so I could remember. Thus, my mood this month has been better (although I have been a bit annoyed by all the sickness).

March Thoughts

• I want to draw the second and third Doctors. I can't do one a month or it will take me more than a year to get them done.

• I'm going to try some new layouts in my bullet journal. We'll see how I like them.

• I'm probably going to implement some feedback from my sister on Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog, and see if I can get my brother to finally read it.

Let's talk! How's your month been? Have you ever gotten slightly obsessed over something new you've watched? Have you done anything fun? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. That is so cool! I went to Mount Vernon several years ago with my family and I greatly enjoyed it (being the living history enthusiast and all).

    And yes, the weather is nuts...can't decide whether to stay spring or not, LOL.

    Awesome post, Rachel!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mount Vernon is a great place to visit for any history lover. I've also been to Williamsburg, which was similar.
      I'd like to tell the weather to just pick a season and stick with it. Make up your mind, weather! *shakes fist at sky*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts