2019 Movies: Part 1

2019 Movies: Part 1

I'm happy to be back with my annual look at the movies coming out this year. I enjoy putting them together and now that I'm actually making money, I could go see some of them in theaters. *gasp* In this post we'll be looking at the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies coming out this year. Next week, we'll be looking at all the other ones that I'm interested in.





Captain Marvel- March 8

Plot: Captain Marvel is caught in an intergalactic war between two alien species as she struggles to remember who she is.

Cast: Bie Larson, Jude Law, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, and Gemma Chan.

My Thoughts: YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM! Well, I guess you do now. I've been excited since the first teaser dropped. Marvel is finally having a female lead super hero movie. Brie Larson is going to be perfect and I may have to pay money to see this one.


Dumbo- March 29

Plot: A young elephant, whose oversized ears enable him to fly, helps save a struggling circus, but when the circus plans a new venture, Dumbo and his friends discover dark secrets beneath its shiny veneer.

Cast: Colin Farrell, Danny DeVito, Michael Keaton, Eva Green.

My Thoughts: Hmm, directed by Tim Burton? Oh, it's gonna be creepy. But the trailers look sweet and like they added some depth to the story. I've got to re-watch the original before this comes out.


Avengers: Endgame- April 26

Plot: Adrift in space with no food or water, Tony Stark sends a message to Pepper Potts as his oxygen supply starts to dwindle. Meanwhile, the remaining Avengers -- Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Bruce Banner -- must figure out a way to bring back their vanquished allies for an epic showdown with Thanos -- the evil demigod who decimated the planet and the universe.

Cast: Chris Evans, Chris Helmsworth, Robert Downy Jr., Scarlet Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Brie Larson.

My Thoughts: When that logo blew away, all I could think was "too soon, Marvel". But I'm really interested and scared to see what this movie brings. Which heroes will die? And will they actually be dead? (Because come on, how often does that happen?) It's also an amazing money making scheme.


Aladdin- May 24

Plot: Assumably the same as the original, a common boy who falls in love with a princess and uses magic to try to win her hand.

Cast: Naomi Scott, Will Smith, Mena Massoud, and Marwin Kenzari.

My Thoughts: From the first trailer and images we've seen, it looks really good. I love what they've done with the costumes and I hope that Jasmine gets a song in this one. Will Smith has big shoes to fill, but I think he'll do fine.


Toy Story 4- June 21

Plot: When a new toy called "Forky" joins Woody and the gang, a road trip alongside old and new friends reveals how big the world can be for a toy.

Cast: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, and Annie Potts.

My Thoughts: Honestly, it'll be hard to top three. But I'm just as willing to watch it as everyone else. Besides, those new toys look hilarious. And Bo Peep is back, which is awesome.


Descendants 3- Summer 2019

Plot: Plot hasn't been released yet, but we do know that it will feature another face-off between Mal and Uma, plus Mal learning more about her father.

Cast: Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Booboo Stewart, Cameron Boyce, and China Anne McClain.

My Thoughts: I'm very excited to see what the end to this series is going to be. It's been one of their most popular originals since High School Music. What new villains and heroes will show up? Is Mal's dad Hades? And how will it all end?


Spider-man: Far From Home- July 5

Plot: Peter Parker and his friends go on summer vacation to Europe, where Peter finds himself trying to save his friends against a villain known as Mysterio.

Cast: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Michael Keaton.

My Thoughts: They just released the first trailer a few days ago and it already looks amazing. I thought Mysterio was going to be a bad guy, but now it looks like he might be a good one? I can't wait to see all the Spider-man action, Peter and MJ, and everyone's favorite, Nick Fury.


The Lion King- July 19

Plot: From Disney Live Action, director Jon Favreau's all-new “The Lion King” journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub's arrival. Scar, Mufasa's brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba's exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.

Cast: Donald Glover, Beyonce, James Earl Jones, and Seth Rogen.

My Thoughts: I question their calling it "live action" movie, personally. There are literally no humans in this movie. But it looks beautiful. And I'm happy because James Earl Jones is doing Mufasa again.


Artemis Fowl- August 9

Plot: Artemis Fowl is a 12-year-old genius and descendant of a long line of criminal masterminds. He soon finds himself in an epic battle against a race of powerful underground fairies who may be behind his father's disappearance.

Cast: Ferdia Shaw, Judi Dench, Josh Gad, Lara McDonnell, and Nonso Anozie.

My Thoughts: This is one of my favorite book series, and the first trailer did not give me hope for it's adaptation. Holly didn't make an appearance. Commander Root is a girl. Where was LEPrecon? Commander Root is a girl. So, I'll wait and see.



Frozen 2- November 27

Plot: Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf are going far in the forest to know the truth about an ancient mystery of their kingdom.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, and Jonathan Groff.

My Thoughts: I love Frozen unashamedly. But that doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of this sequel. Disney hasn't had the best past track record with sequels and I don't want them to ruin this gem of a movie by coming up with a second one. Still, I remain (somewhat) hopeful.



Star Wars: Episode IX- December 20

Plot: Hasn't been released yet.

Cast: Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, John Boyega, and Oscar Isaac.

My Thoughts: I can't wait to see the ending to the new trilogy. I want to know a lot of things. Who is Matt Smith playing? Who are Rey's parents? Will they introduce a new big baddie? How much will we cry when they say in loving memory of Carrie Fisher again? J. J. Abrams is directing, so will it be any good?


Are you interested in seeing any of these movies? What do you think of the Artemis Fowl adaptation? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:


Comments

  1. Oh I want to watch Aladin and Star wars! The Artimis fowl movie sounds weird :).

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to both of them as well. Can't wait to see how they come out.

      Delete
  2. YES YES YES I WANT TO SEE ALMOST ALL OF THESE!!! When I found out they were making an Artemis Fowl movie I almost freaked out I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT!!! I hope they don't ruin it though...:-Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so worried they're going to ruin Artemis. We'll have to see.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts