5 Easy Ways to Take a Break

5 Easy Ways to Take a Break

Hey, everyone! I'm back from my break. I had an enjoyable two weeks getting some reading and other stuff done, but I am glad to be back.

On the top of breaks, I thought I'd do a post today about ways you can take a break and relax. Getting stuff done is a good thing, but it's also draining at times. That's why you need this secret ingredient. Rest. It may seem counter-productive, however many studies have show that taking rests can actually make you more productive.






Schedule time off

It's important to put time to relax in your schedule. Like my summer blog break. Or the way I try to edit more during the week so I can take off Saturdays. When you schedule time for breaks, you'll be able to work more efficiently and be less likely to procrastinate on your work, so you can enjoy that break.


Take breaks between projects

If you have a long to-do list, you may be tempted to just blitz through it. That can work, but you'll wear yourself out. That's why I like to take mini breaks in between items. It doesn't have to be longer than ten or fifteen minutes of Solitaire, but it will help refresh you and your brain.


Stop work after a certain time

This will give you time to relax and do something you enjoy before bed. When you stop by, is all up you. I personally don't do much after 8:30 at night, mostly because I've lost all motivation by then. But you may choose to go earlier or later. Some people also say you should also be off your devices by that time, but I don't really adhere to the rule, even if I probably should.


Make time to read

If you couldn't guess, this is my top way to take a break from something. Sitting back with a book for ten (or probably more) minutes can really help relax me. It's also good because reading is great for you. Keeps the brain sharp, you can learn stuff, uses the imagination, all that good stuff.


Do what you love

There is nothing more relaxing than doing what you love. There are the the exceptional times, but for me, doing something I enjoy is a great way to take a break. Often that's playing music, drawing something just for fun, or singing karaoke with my sister.



How do you like to take a break? What's your favorite thing to relax doing? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Small Ways to Feel More Productive

Tips for Dealing with Anxiety


Comments

  1. Saturday is a break day for me as well.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's always good to have a break day. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts