June 2019 Recap

June 2019 Recap

This hasn't exactly been an interesting month. More like survival. But I made it through, so I guess that's what's important, right? Anyway, here we go.



What I Did

• It's been a month. My dad has been working in Virginia during the weeks, which means he isn't home a lot. And while I'm happy for the work, it's been weird having him away so much. Plus I've been feeling a bit stressed and overwhelmed and working a lot some weeks, so none of that has been helping my mental state.

• My family did go to the zoo yesterday. They have a special summer exhibit of dinosaurs that are life sized, move, and roar. They were awesome. Especially the T-Rex. I kept waiting for them to move. That was a highlight of the month.




• I did have time to film a new video. It's about bujo terms for beginners and you can watch it below.


• Yeah, and that's about it. Like I said, nothing much happened.

Read

The Siege of Macindaw- John Flanagan (4 stars)
The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm- Christopher Paolini (4 stars)
The Scorch Trials- James Dashner (4 stars)
Eragon- Christopher Paolini (4 stars)
A Nest for Celeste- Henry Cole (4 stars)
Superman: Dawnbreaker- Matt de la Pena (4 stars)
A Long Walk to Water- Linda Sue Parker (4 stars)
Erak's Ransom- John Flanagan (5 stars)
The Nameless City- Erin Faith Hicks (4 stars)

Watched

The Scorch Trials (took about three scenes from the book and left the rest)

Star Trek (finally finished the original show. It was so good.)

Robin Hood (another one that was slightly better than I expected)

School of Rock (a great movie with a great cast)

On the Blog

• I took a break for the first two weeks of June, which was great, so I wasn't super active here. I did do some posts, my most popular being my post on writing lessons from Indiana Jones.

• I also hit 150 Instagram followers! I'm planning some fun stuff for August, so be sure to follow me there to keep informed.

Writing

• I've gotten back all my beta notes on Out of the Shadows. I've skimmed them, but I'll look at them more in depth later. I'm a bit nervous, honestly.

• Also still working on character edits. Writing an overarching character arc for a trilogy isn't as easy as it seems. Would anyone be interested in me writing a post on it?

• My sister and I have begun editing on a novel we wrote together a few years ago. As editing goes, we've so far decided to scrap our original main plot and make the subplot the new main one, along with some other big changes.

Art

I've been doing a lot of sketching this month. I started a new section in my art book with black pages and I'm now addicted to drawing with gel pens on black paper. Beyond that, I've done a few character sketches and I'm starting a new drawing project- the whole Fellowship of the Ring.

July Plans

• Finish character edits and maybe start working on my beta notes.

• Hopefully do some more summer things, like the pool or going on a day trip.

• Finish my first LoTR drawing and maybe start the next one.


How was your June? Did you do anything summery yet? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

The Problem with DC Movies

My Author Tropes

Comments

  1. Hehe...yeah. Reading and watching the Scorch Trials was amusing. It was like two totally different stories. XD Ooh, awesome! I've never seen a t-rex at a zoo before. XP I would be interested in reading a post for an character arc over a trilogy!!! :-D Hope you have a great July!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could swear the filmmakers never read the Scorch Trials book. I hope you have a good July as well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts