December 2019 Recap

December 2019 Recap

Wow, December was a crazy month for me. I had so much going on it sometimes felt like I didn't even have a moment to breath. But I made it through, so that's what matters. So, let's see what all I did this month. It's time to recap!


What I Did

• Worked. A lot. I had a lot of long hours and the store I work at was opened from 7am-11pm, so yeah. I had a lot of weird hours. The Christmas rush this year was awful too. But I survived, so bring on the celebrations!

• My family went to DC twice to see some Christmas stuff. The first time we went to see the Christmas trains and accidentally walked in on an a Capella concert (they were pretty good) and the second time to go to a Christmas market. It had a lot of cool stuff but I didn't get anything this year.





• I had a nice quiet Christmas. I got three days off and spent it with family. I read three books over break and it was nice. I got some cool gifts and I think everyone liked what I gave them too.

• I also had a lot of emotional ups and downs. Things haven't been easy lately, but I hope that it will change as I start a new year and work on changing some things in my life.

• Random, but I bought my first comforter for my bed. Actually, it's a duvet, and I love it. This by far has been the most adult thing I have ever done.

My new comforter. And the cat.

Read

The Fashion Committee- Susan Juby (2 stars)

The Cruel Prince- Holly Black (5 stars)

Escape from the Isle of the Lost- Melissa de la Cruz (3 stars)

Cinder- Marissa Meyer (5 stars)

Scarlet- Marissa Meyer (5 stars)

Stardust- Neil Gaiman (4 stars)

The Wicked King- Holly Black (3 stars)

There's Something About Sweetie- Sandhya Menon (4 stars)

Watched

The Mandalorian (as good as they say and so worth the hype)

Klaus (an adorable new Christmas movie on Netflix)

The Christmas Prince (not my favorite movie, but decent)

The Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding (about the same as the first)

The Knight Before Christmas (slightly cheesy, but super cute)

Gone With the Wind (I can see why it's such a classic)

Men in Black: International (it has some issues, but made me laugh)

Doctor Who: Season 11 (quite good, and I really like Jodi's Doctor)

On the Blog

• I reached 180 followers on Instagram! My goal this year was 200, but I thinking getting a hundred new followers this year is pretty good.

• My most popular post this month was on how to write a villain like Darth Vader, which I enjoyed writing. I didn't post as much this month, because I took a Christmas break.

Writing

Since I was still recovering from NaNoWriMo, I didn't write much at all this month. I opened my Scrivener document for New Magic, then shut it again and decided to wait until January to get back into the swing of things. (I also just didn't have time.)

However, I did write a short story this month, and put it up on the blog. (If you missed it, click here to read.) It was fun to write and gave me something creative to do during my semi-writing hiatus.

Art

Ahem. I didn't have much time for art either this month. I've been doing a lot of bullet journaling, but that's about all. I did make this moon painting, though, and a painting for my grandfather's library for Christmas. It was fun to play around with more watercolors this month.



January Thoughts

• Screaming because it's a new year and I have to do all the things! Make goals. Make plans for said goals. Set up a new bullet journal. Retire my old one. Hope that this year will bring great things. (And I'll be doing a post on next year later this week.)

• Do some maintenance on my blog. Maybe update a few things and all that. Try to plan better for the future.

• Do a workout calendar by Blogilates to start the year off right. I really want to work harder on making exercise a part of my life, because I feel like I've slacked off in recent months. I miss feeling strong.


How was your December? Did you get any good presents? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Writing Lessons from Tall Girl

New Christmas Movies I Enjoyed

Comments

  1. OMW, your watercolors are beautiful!!! :-O I love them!!! Ahh you read some Lunar Chronicles!!! I'm in the middle of Cress rn-I love it! And ahh the Mandalorian-can't wait to see that. Congrats on 180 followers-that's so awesome!!! I hope you have an epic New Year!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great new year as well! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts