June 2020 Recap

June 2020 Recap

Hey, everyone, I'm back from my break! I had a good break, and enjoyed catching up on some reading. June has been a busier month than I've had in a while, which is kind of nice and kind of not. But let's take a look.


What I Did

• Went back to work. My job finally reopened this month and I've been back to work. It's been hard wearing a mask for so long and trying to deal with all the rules. But I'm happy to be making money again (especially because my car air conditioner needs work).

My favorite mask- Marvel

• Started worshiping in our building again. Two weeks ago we returned to our church building, and we don't even have to wear masks, so it's great. I forgot how amazing it is to be in a building worshiping with others.

• Got my first library books. They started curbside pick-up this month, and while they delayed opening again *distant weeping*, it's great to get some new books. I've already checked out six.

• Took a two week blog break, if you missed that. It helped me to have a little extra time especially as I'm trying to readjust to having no personal time again (didn't miss that, if we're being honest).

• My brother graduated, which made me feel old as I remembered my graduation five years ago. There are days when I really feel 22, and others when I don't.

Read

The Chrestomanci Chronicles Vol. 3- Diana Wynne Jones (5 stars)

I Was Anastasia- Ariel Lawhon (3 1/2 stars)

The Crown's Game- Evelyn Sky (4 stars)

Darkness of Dragons- Tui T. Sutherland (5 stars)

Stain- A. G. Howard (4 stars)

The Betrothed- Kiera Kass (3 stars)

The Hobbit- J. R. R. Tolkien (5 stars)

Sal and Gabi Break the Universe- Carlos Hernandez (5 stars)

Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe- Carlos Hernandez (5 stars)

A Darkling Plain- Philip Reeves (4 stars)

Watched

Terminator (not sure if this is my sort of thing or not)

The Matrix Reloaded

The Matrix Revolutions (finally finished the Matrix trilogy and thought it was pretty good)

This Beautiful Fantastic (a beautiful film, highly recommend)

Dirty Dancing

Goldeneye

Godzilla (questionable)

Ferris Beuller's Day Off

Clueless

10 Things I Hate About You

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Writing

• I worked out a plan for my writing for the rest of the year. It's kind of flexible, but it gave me a direction for what I should be doing each month to reach my goals. It felt good to get it figured out.

• Started edits on Horsemen and Hollows, my Legend of Sleepy Hollow retelling. I forgot how much I love that story. There's a lot of fun things in it. I've reached a bit of a paralysis as I have a lot of different things to work on, but I'm enjoying it.

Art

• I did another dancer drawing. This time I did a ballerina- Brittany Cavaco. I loved doing it.


• I picked up a pack of tiny canvases from Michaels and did a few paintings on them. Bag End and some flowers. Painting tiny things is great fun.



• I finished a picture of Merry Brandybuck. I'm working on my hair technique, but I'm still not sure how well it came out.


July Thoughts

• Continue edits on Horsemen and Hollows. I've got lots of work to do and look forward to making it even scarier and more tense.

• Work on readjusting my schedule to having less time again. I do miss having free time, but I'll survive.

• Read through the Fellowship of the Ring, hopefully. And work through some new library books!

• And who knows what else. We'll have to see what July holds.


How was your June? Have you done any fun summer stuff? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Oh, I'm so glad that you loved This Beautiful Fantastic! I just rewatched it the other day and ah, it is amazing.

    Your picture of Merry is exactly how I imagine him! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I didn't expect to love it so much. And I'm glad you liked my Merry picture. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts