Introducing My 2020 NaNoWriMo Novel!

Introducing My 2020 NaNoWriMo Novel!

I don't mean to panic anyone, but November, and NaNoWriMo, starts in like six days. I'm only panicking a lot. It feels kind of crazy trying to write a novel with everything else going on in my life, but isn't that kind of the point of NaNoWriMo? Besides, it's one of the only normal things left in my life right now.

So anyway, here I am to talk about my exciting new novel! Let's start with the blurb and cover.




Pippa Pan is the fearless leader of the Lost Girls on their island home of Neverland. They are happy and free from any who would wish them harm. But when Pippa brings the first boy to the island, things begin to change.
Wendell is different than any boy Pippa has known, and before she knows it, she starts to fall in love. However, Pippa is afraid of losing her independence and her heart.
Now Pippa must deal with her own emotions and the arrival of an old foe. He is determined to destroy her at all costs, making her face her oldest fears. As she struggles to protect her island, she also has to decide whether or not to protect her heart.

Behind the Novel

I've had the idea for a genderbent Peter Pan for several years now. The idea of a girl Peter Pan sounded cool, but I didn't know how to do it without it becoming super feminist, even by accident. And that was the last thing I wanted.

When I went to look at my story ideas this year, however, this idea sparked in a way it hadn't before. I attribute a lot of what inspired me to The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson. The themes in that book gave me the right way of looking at my own idea so that I could bring it to life.

I'm excited to write this book because there's lots of awesome girl friendships, a soft romance, and lots of emotions. It also is kind of my way of showing people that feminism and choosing self over everything else is wrong. It's a lot deeper than some of the other things I've attempted, but I hope I can do my idea justice.

I had hoped to have some character aesthetics and maybe a playlist to add in here, but frankly, things have been crazy and I haven't put those together yet. So follow me on Instagram and I'll post them there when they're done.


Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? What's your novel about? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Whoa, a genderbent Peter Pan!? I love it, I love it, I love it!!! That just sounds so awesome I don't even have any words for it. Have fun with it this NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 Thank you! I hope to have a good NaNoWriMo.

      Delete
  2. *gasp* YOU'RE-YOU'RE DOING A GENDERBENT PETER PAN????? That sounds amazing, and your story sounds soooo interesting. Have fun with NaNo this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a really neat concept! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts