Introducing My 2019 NaNoWriMo Novel!

Introducing My 2019 NaNoWriMo Novel!

NaNoWriMo is four days away, people!! Excuse me while I go scream into the void for a few hours. But today I'm very excited to be talking about my 2019 novel. If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen the cover and blurb, but I'm going to be talking about some more of my inspiration and other things for this book. Hooray!


First off, let's start with the aforementioned cover and blurb. Voila.


Balancing fighting super villains and keeping up with homework isn’t easy.

Meet Zach Duncan, senior at Whitport High. While he may look like your normal teen at the lunch table, he’s secretly the superhero known as Ink. Keeping up with two lives isn’t easy, but it’s a challenge Zach relishes. As graduation approaches, his focus is on getting good grades on his finals so he can graduate and figure out what he wants to do with his life.

Everything changes when a new super villain appears in his hometown with one goal- kill Ink. She’s incredibly powerful and knows more about Zach than he knows about himself. In order to stop her and accomplish his goal of graduation, he’ll be forced to confront secrets in his past that he never wanted to think about.


Graduating wasn’t suppose to be this hard.

Inspiration

This novel was an idea I've had kicking around in the back of my mind for a while. When I saw the beginning of Spider-man: Homecoming, the thought of having a superhero vlogging his adventures really stuck with me. And thus this novel was born.

It took me a while to settle on this idea, honestly. I was rather up in the air between this and a story about two candy making siblings. But that one will have to wait for now.

As a result of this novel and some of the research I did, I'm now obsessed with octopuses (which is the correct plural). Like did you know each of their legs has its own brain and they can all operate independently?

Characters


Main Character: Zach Duncan is my MC. He's a senior in high school, loves filming and graphic design, and is a superhero. He has the powers of an octopus, thus his name Ink. He also has two sisters and a propensity for bad puns.


Villain: My villain is a woman known as Mala Richards who can transform into a snake-headed goddess from a magic amulet. I can't say too much about her backstory, due to spoilers, but there's a lot of drama coming your way.

Other Characters: My favorite secondary characters are probably Zach's sidekick and his best friend. His sidekick is a robotic octopus named Octopus Prime, who is adorable and does a lot of filming for him. His best friend is a superhero named Earth Shaker and is a voice of reason to Zach.

And now, an aesthetic for your enjoyment.


I'm looking super forward to writing this novel. I think it's going to be very fun. I'm also a little nervous, because my life is very busy right now, but I hope I can accomplish NaNoWriMo for a fifth year. Fingers crossed, everyone. Also stay tuned for my November blog schedule, as I might switch things up a bit.


What are you writing for NaNoWriMo? Tell me a bit about it, or whatever your current WIP is.

Suggested Posts:

My NaNoWriMo Guide

Book Review: No Plot, No Problem!

Comments

  1. This sounds so fun! :D Octopus Prime is a GREAT name. XD Everything about this just sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very exciting book! I really want to read it!
    My current work in progress is a mystery that has spies and all that fun stuff.

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love mysteries and spies, so your book sounds awesome too.

      Delete
  3. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!! :-O I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to talk more about it, so you're in luck! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts