It's So Classic Tag

It's So Classic Tag

I saw this one floating around the internet and I knew I'd have to do it. It's in honor of Rebellious Writing being out there for two whole years, which is awesome. I've been in support of it since the beginning.

If you've been around my blog for any amount of time, you'll know I'm a great lover of classics. I grew up with them and there are so many great ones out there. So let's have some fun with this tag.


The Rules

1. Like your post back to Rebellious Writing.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Tag at least five bloggers.


The Questions

What is one classic that hasn’t been made into a movie yet, but really needs to?

Lots of them? But let's go with Island of the Blue Dolphins for today. It was one of my favorites as a child. (And if you want a whole list of books I'd like made into movies, you can find that here.)


What draws you to classics?

I'm partially drawn to them because that was at least half of what I read growing up. So they feel familiar to me. Another reason is because I love the way they're written and getting to see a look back in time.


What is an underrated classic?

Watership Down. It sounds really boring, but it's such an exciting adventure story and I love the world of the rabbits.


What is one classic that you didn’t expect to love, but ended up loving anyway?

Les Miserables. If you can get around all the info dumps and boring history, there truly is a good story at it's heart.


What is your most favorite and least favorite classics?

My favorite classics I guess I would say is Little Women. I always find something new stands out to me every time I read it. Least favorite would be 1984 or a Brave New World. They're both weird and hard to understand.


What is your favorite character from a classic? Or if that is too hard, one is your favorite classic character trope (e.g. strong and silent, quiet sidekick, etc.)

Much too hard a question to answer, I'm afraid, so I'll go with the alternative. Favorite classic character trope- which is probably the snarky hero. They're so much fun.


What’s a popular classic that you felt wasn’t actually that great?

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. I read it recently and I just didn't find any appeal in it. It was too much like Anne of Green Gables, but not as good.


Who is your favorite classic author?

J. R. R. Tolkien, of course. He will forever be one of my all time favorite authors.


In your opinion, what makes a classic a classic?

To me, a classic has multiple facets. They have themes that you can relate to no matter what year you read it. They are stories that echo through the ages. They can be ahead of their times. But they all resonate with people, which is why they're classics.


Relating to newer books, what attributes does a book need to have in order to be worthy of the title “classic”?

I think it needs to be something that makes people think, but also has one of those timeless stories. That's why I think the Hunger Games will become a classic, or The Giver. Plus, it would need to have good prose and memorable characters. All those things are found in classics.

This tag/blog party is technically over (I know, I'm late to the game), but if you want to do this tag, feel free. It's loads of fun.

What is your favorite classic? What do you think makes a book a classic? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Why You Should Read the Classics

"I Should Have Read That Book" Tag

Comments

  1. Ooh, yes! Watership Down is a great book!!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really liked the Netflix show that came out last year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts