8 Semi-Scary Movies for Halloween

8 Semi-Scary Movies for Halloween

You know who's a chicken about really scary stuff in books and movies? This girl. I can't handle a certain level of fright, but I enjoy watching Halloween movies. So today I've got a list of not-to-scary movies for any other chickens out there. (Will most of this list be children's movie? Probably. Do I care? No.)



The Nightmare Before Christmas

Have I talked about my love for this movie enough yet? No? Then I'll say it again. This is one of my all time favorite movies. It's about the king of Halloween, Jack Skellington, who decides he wants something new and kind of takes over Christmas. There's singing and love stories, and it's loads of fun.


Hocus Pocus

I watched this one for the first time last year (only 25 years late) and it was amazing. It's about three witches who come back to life after a boy does something stupid, and he and his sister and friend have to stop them from coming back permanently. There is a great plot, a few cool songs, and a talking cat.


The Corpse Bride

Another one of favorite Tim Burton movies. When a young man accidentally marries a corpse, he's taken to the land of the dead and must find a way back to his life and the girl he loves. It's another one of his stop-motion films with lots of great songs and amazing twist at the end.


Doctor Who

Shh, I know this isn't a movie. But it's my list, so I'm putting this on here anyway, because it's plenty scary and has lots of ghosts and other Halloween-y stuff. It's load of fun when it's not scaring your pants off.


Goosebumps

I didn't like the Goosebumps books, but the movie with Jack Black was pretty fun. And it wasn't over the top scary, which I liked. All of R. L. Stein's monsters get out of their books and the teens and Stein have to put them back. (The sequel wasn't bad either.)


The House With a Clock in It's Walls

It's kind of a a weird concept, but pretty fun. A kid named Lewis moves in with his uncle after his parents die, only to discover that it's not a normal house. There's a mystery and magic and Jack Black (again).


Ghostbusters

Four guys form a company to fight ghosts in New York City. That's the basic concept. It's a bit adult, but there's lots of good jokes and it's one of those movies everyone should see at least once. (The sequel, not so much.)


Z-O-M-B-I-E-S

This movie isn't really scary, but it's so fun and includes zombies, so how could I not add it? It's about a town where zombies and humans are exasperated by a wall and laws. However, the zombie kids are starting to go to human school. Thus lots of controversy and a human-zombie love story evolve. It's way more fun than I thought it would be.


Have you watched any of these? Do you have any to add to the list? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:


Comments

  1. Ahhhh, The Nightmare Before Christmas is so good. <33 And I can't wait to start Dr. Who!!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Doctor Who! It's one of my favorite shows.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts