December 2020 Recap

December 2020 Recap


We've finally reached the end of 2020. December was a hard month for me, but it did have some good parts as well. I'm also not sure where the time went. NaNoWriMo seems like twelve years ago, not last month. I don't even remember writing the posts I published this month. It's been crazy.


What I Did

• The biggest thing was probably starting my new job. It wasn't easy. I'm still struggling to adjust and I hate feeling like I don't know anything. But God has helped me make it through each day.

• Spent a lovely Christmas with my family. Highlights including my church Christmas Eve service, getting actual flurries on Christmas, and decorating "gingerbread" houses (made from sugar cookies). It made me sad that we couldn't visit our grandparents this year.





• Went Christmas shopping. I got almost all of gifts a few weeks before Christmas, but some of them cut it pretty close.

• We went to Ellicott City to see the window displays and trains there. It was all outdoors, but I did get some pretty pictures with my camera.





Read

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover- Ally Carter (4 stars)

The Perfect Escape- Suzanne Park (4 stars)

A Christmas Carol- Charles Dickens (5 stars)


Puddin'- Julie Murphy (4 stars)


The Knife of Never Letting Go- Patrick Ness (4 stars)

Watched

The Princess Switch: Switched Again (fun, but I kind of felt liked poor Edward was neglected)

The Christmas Chronicles 2 (the first one was better)

Terminator 2: Judgement Day (better graphics and story than the original)

Writing

I did absolutely none. It was wonderful. I will need to get back into it next month, but for this month, I was happy to sit back, relax, and catch up on some books and movies.

On the Blog

In a rather pleasing turn of events, my Julie and the Phantoms post got the most views this month. And I had an IG post that got like 50 likes, which is double my usual.

Art

Most of my art time was taken up with painting these ornaments to give to family and friends. I enjoyed designing and painting them, then sending them out in cute envelopes.



January Thoughts

• I need to actually get my 2021 goals and bullet journal together. Except my bullet journal hasn't arrived yet. I'm not panicking at all.

• I'm not sure what my writing plans are yet, but I'll probably get back into editing. Horsemen and Hollows at the moment. I have my sister's edits to apply still.

• I would like to create at least three new drawings. I just need to be more dedicated.

• And hopefully set myself up for a successful 2021!


How was your December? Did you get to do any fun Christmas activities? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. hope you get you bullet journal, I understand not getting things, it's a bit frustrating. Sorry your month was stressful , it was a bit stressful at the end for me. The last book in your list sounds cool!
    Hope you January is lovely!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These shipping issues are so annoying. I hope you have a wonderful January as well!

      Delete
  2. I love those Christmas cookies, and that gingerbread house. Christmas is such a fun season. Sorry that the month was hard for you.
    I completely agree with you about Christmas Chronicles 2. I preferred the first one. Hope you have a great January, and a great 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love decorating cookies. I hope you have a great January too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts