My Favorite Reads of 2020. . .The Second Part

My Favorite Reads of 2020. . .The Second Part

Back in June I posted a list of my favorite books from the first half of 2020. Today I'll be giving you the second half of that list and hoping I don't discover any new favorite books between now and January 1st.



Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe

I reviewed this one previously, but to recap- I adored it. Just as good as the first one. Would have liked a little more magic stuff, but you can't have everything.


The Piper's Pursuit

I'd heard of Melanie Dickerson before, but this was my first one of her books. It did not disappoint. It was an excellent retelling of the Pied Piper. Although it was part of a larger series, I could read it fine without having read the others. (Which are now on my to-read list.)


Fellowship of the Ring

A re-read, but an excellent one. The Lord of the Rings are my favorite books. They have a quality to them that can't be described. I enjoyed revisiting Middle Earth, which I had been away from (in book form) for far too long.


Ms. Marvel Vol. 3: Crushed

Yes, this is a comic book. That doesn't mean it wasn't great. I read through several Ms. Marvel comics in the summer and I fell in love with her. She's young. She's quirky. She's a high schooler trying to do her best and be all the things.


Chronicles of Chrestomanci

When thinking through this, I couldn't pick a single story I liked best in the series, so I'm just going to say all of them. Dianna Wynne Jones is a master storyteller and she shows her versatility through the many types of stories she tells in this series.


Six of Crows

This one was so worth the hype. I did have some issues with it, but I loved the Ocean's Eleven but make it fantasy vibes. There was so much cool stuff, plus the constant twists and turns. I hope to read book two in 2021.


Wee Free Men

Terry Prachett's books are weird, but this one was great. There was so much to love, but especially the Wee Free Men themselves. I would love to see this book made into a movie, and all the Feegles be voiced by Simon Pegg.


Stain

Not your average Princess and the Pea retelling. This was a hard story. It was full of pain and anger. But it had such a good message. I especially loved the ending, which talked about the prince and princess not living happily ever after, but hopefully ever after.


What have been your top reads this year? Have you read any books published this year? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Oh, my. I haven't read.....any of these (Yes, not even Fellowship of the Rings, though I really want to read that one. I have seen the movie, though). They all look really good, though. I'll have to add them to be TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you read plenty of awesome books, though! I hope you check some of these out.

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about Six of Crows! It seems like it has a great story. I've only read The Fellowship of the Ring, but it's a great choice always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six of Crows was great. A little heavy on violence, but still a good story. Fellowship of the Ring is amazing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts