My 2020 Bullet Journal

My 2020 Bullet Journal

I was going to do my December recap today, but I decided I'm not ready to do that or the 2020 recap post I had planned for Thursday, so today I'm giving you a look through my 2020 bullet journal instead. My December recap will be pushed back to Thursday and my 2020/2021 post to Monday (hopefully).

This is my fourth year bullet journaling and I am really happy with the way it looks this year. I think I'm finally starting to hit my stride. I didn't have any themes that I looked back on and thought "bleh" about, which is a first. There are some I might have been able to do better, but I still love this year's bujo. I'll stop rambling now and jump right in.


I started off with all my goal and planning pages for 2020. Who knew things would change so much in one year? This is the area where I felt like I didn't use it as much as I would have liked. A lot of spreads aren't filled out or only half used.

For example, this year in pictures spread which I gave up on after March happened

My January theme was gold, art deco, Roaring 20s theme inspired by ones I saw some of my favorite bullet journalers do. I love this theme, even if it smudged in a few places because gel pens take forever to dry.


February didn't have a specific theme, I just wanted to use my pink Tombow markers, so this is what I came up with.



Ah, March. The month the world went up in flames. In spite of that, I like this theme too. It's a green shamrock theme. I especially like the lettering style I used.



I think April might be my most creative and favorite month of 2020. (In my bujo. Not in real life.) I copied this book cover page from Pinterest and made all these creative weekly layouts and spreads using books.


Just look how fun this is!

I also made this bored spread for the middle of lockdown. It did help.


One of my reading goals was to re-read the whole set of Middle Earth books, so I made this spread to track it. I'm only on The Two Towers, as you can see, but this spread helped a lot and was fun to make.


Another of my favorite months. I did a Star Wars theme! It was so fun to do all these doodles and graphics.


I also made this fun collage and tried watercolor in my journal

June had a strawberry theme. I do think if I did this theme again I would make the strawberry leaves lighter, because I didn't like how dark they are.


In July I played around with colored pencil in my bullet journal. I'd never tried them before and it gave the whole thing a different look. Would I use them again? Probably.



I also made this stress relief spread for after I went back to work and was having a hard time. Even if the lettering looks creepy.


For August I did another movie theme, this time a Teen Beach Movie/1950s inspired one. I had a lot of fun playing around with lettering and bright 1950s colors.


A birthday spread I made!


September had a jewel theme. I found a great Pinterest infographic on how to draw gems, which is why this looks so good.


After all the doodling of the previous months, I wanted something super simple for October. I went with a mostly black and white Halloween inspired theme. There are cute little ghosts and bats on everything. I even used stickers! And stamps!


I also tried out the Alistair Method weekly spread, which worked great

November I still felt like something kind of simple, so I did this abstract sort of theme. I made blobs of color and drew doodles and used washi tape. It was fun.



My NaNoWriMo wordcount and rewards spread.


And now we come to December. I decided to do a cookie theme. I used a nice warm brown to make the cookies and a white gel pen to "ice" them. It is super relaxing to draw them.



That brings us to the end of 2020. I hope you enjoyed taking a look into my bujo. This year might have been hard, but looking back through it helps remind me it wasn't all bad.


Did you keep a bullet journal this year? Which of these themes is your favorite? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Wow, these are so good! I honestly can't choose a favorite because I love all the details in each one. If I have to say, then probably the cookie one, the book one, the Star Wars one, and the Teen Beach/'50's one. You make it look so easy! Which is your favorite? Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! <3 It's hard for me to pick a favorite too. Two of my standouts are the art deco and book themes.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I love these. You're so good at bullet journaling! December's theme might be my favorite, but I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so good! Bullet journals are so fun!! I really like your January and December the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those are two of my favorites as well.

      Delete
  4. So cool! September is gem themed which is awesome because I was born in September and I'm interested in gemology/petrology. Also you did March for Life? That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super cool. Gemstones have always fascinated me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts