July 2022 Recap

July 2022 Recap

I feel like summer just started and it's already over. Sure, it's not actually over, but I'll be traveling for almost half of August, so my brain is convinced summer is gone. Brains are annoying sometimes.


•I started roller skating. I got these skates last summer and finally got around to working with them. I'm not very good and I didn't get to go as much as I wanted this month, but it's been fun.


•A friend came in town, so we hung out with her for the weekend. We went to the art gallery in DC and wandered Annapolis a little.




•My little sister turned 15 and my brother's turning 20 on Sunday. It makes me feel old.


13 Curses- Michelle Harrison (4 1/2 stars)

Through New Eyes- James B. Jordan (5 stars)

13 Secrets- Michelle Harrison (5 stars)

Star Wars, Vol 1: The Destiny Path- Charles Soule (5 stars)

Star Wars, Vol 2: Operation Starlight- Charles Soule (4 stars)

Star Wars: Darth Vader- Greg Pak (5 stars)


Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Vol 3- Alyssa Wong (4 stars)

Romanov- Nadine Brandes (5 stars)

Airman- Eoin Colfer (5 stars)


Snake Eyes (it sucked, which sucks because I love Snake Eyes)

Black Widow (okay, but lacking in some areas, like plot)

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (nothing special, but the fight scenes were great)

The Bourne Identity (enjoyable, although slightly unfinished feeling)

Love and Gelato (an absolute mess)

Blade Runner 2049 (I have mixed feelings)

Zombies 3 (another absolute mess of a movie)

The Bourne Supremacy (I did not like how shaky and quick the cuts were, especially in the fight scenes)


Query prep has been slow going. Honestly, my own slowness at everything annoys me sometimes. I want to do things faster, but I just can't. I don't know if it's a lack of motivation, focus, time, or just personality. I'm working on accepting it, but it's hard some days.

But as for my progress, thanks to some help, I got my first three chapters polished up and looking spiffy. Now I'm on the extra scary step of finding agents. I made a massive list and now I'm working through them to see who's a good fit, who's open to queries, etc.


ANNOUNCMENT: I will be taking a break from blogging for the whole month of August. I'm also going to be taking an Instagram break for the first two weeks at least, maybe more.

I just won't have time with all the travel I'm doing, plus I'm feeling like I need a break. I'll be back in September and there might be a few little changes and tweaks around here.


*cough* You know how I said I wanted to focus more on art in July? Yeah, that didn't happen. I need to find a good spot to fit it in my daily routine so I can actually work in improving.

I did make this massive doodle piece this month, which took much longer than I anticipated. I think it looks pretty cool.



•I'll be traveling to North Carolina for Poiema and Illinois for a family trip. It's going to be busy but hopefully fun.

•Hopefully I'll be able to do more art and roller skating. I enjoy both and want to make time for them.

•And I'd love to send my first queries in August, since I couldn't this month. After that, I might start edits on Lost Magic.


How was your July? What's one fun thing you did? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

Popular Posts