September 2022 Recap

September 2022 Recap

It was Labor Day just a minute ago, I swear. Now October is only days away. Even though September wasn't as busy as August, it's somehow flown by.


•I helped out at my mom's homeschool art class. They're doing a painting series on the days of creation and I'm the teacher's assistant. I also wore this cute beret.


•Fall is arriving in Maryland. The last few days have been cool enough to wear a jacket or long sleeved shirt.


•Other than that, it's been a cycle of work (personal and professional) and life. I'd like to report more, but I haven't been doing a lot of fun stuff.


Gallant- V. E. Schwab (4 stars)

Before and After the Book Deal- Courtney Maum (4 stars)

Teen Titans: Beast Boy Loves Raven- Kami Garcia (4 stars)

Thief Lord- Cornelia Funke (4 stars)

My Cousin Rachel- Daphne du Maurier (3 stars)

Komi Can't Communicate Vol. 1- Tomohito Oda (5 stars)

Persuasion- Jane Austen (5 stars)

Spider-Man: The Road to Venom- Peter David (4 stars)


Belle (beautiful visuals, poor story)

Tangled Ever After, season 2 (a little all over the place, but super fun)

Never Have I Ever, season 1 (funny and made me cry in the finale)

The Mummy, 2016 (about what I expected)


•In the last two weeks of August, I sent my first ten queries. It was terrifying. But now we're playing the waiting game to see what the agents say.

•Now I'm working on editing Lost Magic. This is my trouble child of the trilogy. But I think I've finally got an idea that's going to work. This pass, I'm working to edit and rewrite to get the plot going in the right direction.


Since my other posts aren't doing as well my my month recaps for whatever reason, I've decided to add links to all of them in the monthly recap. So here are my September posts!




I also updated my several year old profile picture on most platforms to this picture my sister helped me take. I'm in love with it.



I made this watercolor painting of one of the lyrics from Panic! at the Disco's latest album. Don't Let the Lights Go Out is one of my favorite songs from the album.


I also played around with air dry clay and made this mushroom! It cracked some, but it was pretty good for my first clay projects.




•I want to participate in Inktober again. I don't think I'll give myself any rules or anything. Just fun.

•I hope to finish this round of edits on Lost Magic. I have a schedule and if I stick to it, I should be able to finish on time.

•I have some books that I need to read. They've been on my TBR too long.


How was your September? Was it quiet or busy? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts