October 2022 Recap

October 2022 Recap

We are once again almost at the end of the month with me having no recollection of how I got here. Was October a thing? I don't know. Halloween is less than a week away. How has this happened? But anyway, let's recap the month.


•The biggest thing that happened this month was our families annual vacation to the Outer Banks. We stayed in a new area this time, so it was a bit different. We got to do some new things, see new places, and chill out. Sadly, it was too rainy and cold to swim much. But we did other fun things, like the aquarium.






•Took an impromptu trip to Hobby Lobby. The trip itself wasn't supposed to be, but the one we planned to go to wasn't open yet, so we had to go to a different one. It was still fun though.

•I made pumpkin cupcakes with caramel cream cheese frosting. They looked too pretty not to share, although the caramel wasn't my favorite recipe.


•I also harvested my pumpkins for the year. I got three and they're beautiful. Can't wait to carve some of them.




The Last Grand Duchess- Bryn Turnbull (4 stars)

The Curse of Ragoh- Katie Korsak (5 stars)

Where Dreams Descend- Janella Angeles (3 1/2 stars)

The Wonderland Trials- Sara Ella (5 stars)


Never Have I Ever, season 2 (still funny, still want to smack Davi)

Ocean's 11, 12, and 13 (fun to revisit this masterpiece trilogy)

Rush Hour (hilarious and pretty good)


•Queries: So far I've had four rejections. The rest of the agents haven't gotten back to me yet. Not really surprising, but you always hope that you'll be the one to land an agent quickly.

•Editing: I'm currently rewriting major portions of the story, especially in the middle. I'm trying to remind myself that this round is for getting the story going in the right direction. Next round will be for making the characters, plot, and writing better.


We had three posts on the blog this month, which you can find below.




I'd also like to mention if you're not getting my posts by email, or you're missing them, you can sign up for my newsletter and get all my posts in that once a month. There's a box in the sidebar if you're interested. And if you sign up, you get a free short story!


October is Inktober, so most of my month has been spent doing that. I'll do a full recap next month, so stay tuned for that. I've also been doing some other projects on the side, but I haven't finished them yet.


•Complete Lost Magic edits. Not with NaNoWriMo or anything, but I plan to get them done.

•Start Christmas shopping. I haven't even started getting organized, but I need to.

•Hopefully land another client or job so I can start making some more money for the holidays.


How was your October? Did you do anything fall or Halloween related? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts